    Any really patient and urgent help would be truly most gratefully received

    t.i.a.,

    Brian
    Brian Haworth, Mar 13, 2005

  2. Brian Haworth

    Roland Guest

    On 13-3-2005 20:09, Brian Haworth wrote:

    > As a non-technical user, I'd be most grateful for any clear assistance with
    > my current - deeply upsetting problem
    >
    > I am still running Windows 98. Sorry, but there we are.
    >
    > I've been using Mozilla Thunderbird happily for three months.
    >
    > Today, on opening MT, all of my folders were `empty' - All sent and received
    > mail `disappeared'! Jeez.
    >
    > I've tried looking in my `profiles' but can't `see' any signs of mails being
    > stored anywhere. I seem to have two `default' profiles, one tagged .sbd.
    >
    > I'm in deepest **** if I can't recover my mails.
    >
    > Any really patient and urgent help would be truly most gratefully received
    >
    > t.i.a.,
    >
    > Brian

    Does your POP3 account (or IMAP account) still appear in the left pane
    of Thunderbird?

    Check if in the 'Mail' folder in your profile folder there still is a
    subfolder that matches your POP3/IMAP account, e.g.
    C:\WINDOWS\Application
    Data\Mozilla\Thunderbird\Profiles\xxxx.default\Mail\pop3.yourISP.com\

    In this account folder (in 'pop3.yourISP.com' in the example above), is
    there still a file named 'Inbox' and is its size more than 0 KB?

    Also make sure that you have selected menu
    View -> Messages -> All
    and
    View -> Threads -> All

    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter
    ___ ___
    /__/ w_/ /__/
    / \ /_/ / \
    Roland, Mar 13, 2005

  3. Roland,

    Thanks for your response. Will check as best I can tomorrow and post further
    information. I may need to do this `step by very small step', but greatly
    appreciate your kindness in trying to help me. Please could you keep an eye
    on this thread? And thank you.

    brian

    Brian Haworth, Mar 14, 2005
  4. Brian Haworth

    lpb52

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Help with the Same Problem

    I had this same or a similar problem.

    > Does your POP3 account (or IMAP account) still appear in the left pane
    of Thunderbird?

    It did not -- I had to recreate it.

    > Check if in the 'Mail' folder in your profile folder there still is a
    subfolder that matches your POP3/IMAP account, e.g.
    C:\WINDOWS\Application
    Data\Mozilla\Thunderbird\Profiles\xxxx.default\Mail\pop3.yourISP.com\

    This folder was there:

    C:\WINDOWS\Application
    Data\Mozilla\Thunderbird\Profiles\xxxx.default\Mail\

    with the Inbox, Sent, other folders, all of them various KB indicating they still held the contents I can't see.

    > Also make sure that you have selected menu
    View -> Messages -> All
    and
    View -> Threads -> All

    The latter is chosen, the former isn't appearing.

    None of my customized email folders are showing in the left pane, nor are any contents.

    I was prompted to reconfigure my email account yesterday, which is when this happened -- removed the old, prompted to create the new.

    Any help would be appreciated, even some direction on manual edisting of the prefs.js file to locate the existing folders/email messages. Thanks.
    lpb52, Sep 21, 2008