    it. It didn't print out right, I ran out of ink, and I lost the document.
    Is there any way to print the document again from a temp file for the printer
    or am I screwed? I have an HP 960c. Thanks for any help

    =?Utf-8?B?a2VpbWFuMzE5?=, Jul 3, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?a2VpbWFuMzE5?=

    TBone Guest

    And on the eigth day <> did cause the

    > I typed out a 12 page word document, which I forgot to save and then
    > printed it. It didn't print out right, I ran out of ink, and I lost
    > the document. Is there any way to print the document again from a
    > temp file for the printer or am I screwed?

    You didn't say which version of Word, but I'll give you some ideas.

    The problem is that while Word has things like auto-save to protect you
    from accidental loses of your document (like power going out or crash),
    it doesn't give you as much help preventing you from willingly killing
    your document. While windows is supposed to clean up after itself,
    sometimes it doesn't. So you have a chance. Check you c:\windows\temp
    directory and try and use Word to open any files larger than 0 bytes
    that have a time close to when this happened. I'm not as sure about the
    spooler, but you could try c:\windows\systems32\spool.

    Otherwise if you got at least some of the document printed, you might be
    able to scan it back in using OCR software.

    -------

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    TBone, Jul 4, 2007