    Recovery Force Inc.
    866-750-3169
    http://www.recoveryforce.com/

    Data Recovery, Apr 28, 2005

  2. http://www.download.com/Zero-Assumption-Digital-Image-Recovery/3640-2204_4-10193328.html

    Try this - it's free!

    Craig.

    p.s. You'll have to register with download.com to download it, but it's
    worth it as there are a surprising number of free applications out there!

    Craig Marston, Apr 28, 2005

  3. Data Recovery

    CeeBee Guest

    CeeBee, Apr 28, 2005
  4. I am aware of the free software out there...we have recovered from
    several cards that the free software couldn't touch. When the free
    software fails, I suggest giving us a try.

    Luke Coughey
    Vice President
    Recovery Force Inc.
    866-750-3169
    http://www.recoveryforce.com/

    Data Recovery, Apr 28, 2005
  5. Data Recovery

    G.T. Guest

    Thanks, but no thanks. I'll pass on supporting a spammer.

    G.T., Apr 29, 2005
  6. Data Recovery

    Guest

    Data Recovery wrote:
    > If your memory card has failed and you would really like those photos
    > back, Recovery Force can help.

    I just used a free program today, and it worked great. My idiot nephew
    grabbed the digital camera and deleted all the photos with himself.
    While he wasn't looking, I switched out the memory cards, and later ran
    the software on the card and retrieved the photos he thought he had
    deleted.

    Honestly, though, the first thing I do when I need a program or service
    is look for recommendations. I found the free program by searching this
    newsgroup and finding several references to the program. If you want to
    sell your program, you need to find a better way of getting your name
    out there. I wouldn't touch a program based on an ad by the seller.

    Now, if you offered a free 10 day trial, you would give it away the
    first time, but knowing it worked, people would come back and pay the
    next time they need it. And they would recommend it. You will get far
    more business with word of mouth advertising, and far less by spamming
    the newsgroups. Personally, I avoid anything that has been spammed,
    even if it sounds like a good product.

    , Apr 29, 2005
  7. Data Recovery

    Gizmo Guest

    > I suggest giving us a try.

    No chance.

    1- you're a spammer
    2 - No credible company would hide behind a gmail email address.

    now .. FOAD

    Gizmo, Apr 29, 2005
  8. I sincerely appologize for the "spam." It was and is not my intention
    to get people upset. It was more so to let people know that such a
    service exists. I don't disagree that there are several great programs
    available online...apparently, many of them being free. What I have
    found is that the programs that I've tested don't deal well with
    defective media cards.

    As for the gmail account...it just happens to be what Google Groups
    defaults to.

    Anyway, I won't bother you any more and, again, I'm sorry for bothering
    you.

    Sincerely,
    Luke Coughey
    Vice President
    Recovery Force Inc.
    866-750-3169
    http://www.recoveryforce.com/

    Data Recovery, Apr 29, 2005
  9. Data Recovery

    Guest

    I work at ESS Data Recovery, and it's common knowledge that many free
    programs do alot of great recovery work. In fact, logical problems
    (i.e. "I deleted it", or "accidental reformat" problems) are usually
    easy recoveries. However, if anyone hears sound coming from their
    drive or has any indication whatsoever that a drive is physically
    damaged, it's recommended that they stop running their drive
    immediately and send it to a good recovery company. Otherwise, their
    drives could become unrecoverable...of course, this doesn't typically
    happen with camera cards, since they don't have moving parts, so it's
    probably safe to try a few reputable recovery programs. Hopefully,
    that will work, but if not, you can call ESS at 1-800-237-4200 ext. 241
    and ask for me (my name's John) and we'll talk about other options.

    , May 3, 2005
  10. Data Recovery

    Ron Hunter Guest

    wrote:
    > I work at ESS Data Recovery, and it's common knowledge that many free
    > programs do alot of great recovery work. In fact, logical problems
    > (i.e. "I deleted it", or "accidental reformat" problems) are usually
    > easy recoveries. However, if anyone hears sound coming from their
    > drive or has any indication whatsoever that a drive is physically
    > damaged, it's recommended that they stop running their drive
    > immediately and send it to a good recovery company. Otherwise, their
    > drives could become unrecoverable...of course, this doesn't typically
    > happen with camera cards, since they don't have moving parts, so it's
    > probably safe to try a few reputable recovery programs. Hopefully,
    > that will work, but if not, you can call ESS at 1-800-237-4200 ext. 241
    > and ask for me (my name's John) and we'll talk about other options.

    Of course, if your flash card is making noise, you probably have a BAD
    problem. grin.

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, May 3, 2005