    How can I "recover" them?

    --
    Mike Doherty

    Mike Doherty, Feb 1, 2004

  2. Mike Doherty

    Iceman Guest

    "Mike Doherty" <> wrote in message
    news:bviips$pre$...
    > I'm running Windows 98.....
    > I have lost all my Desktop Icons!
    > How can I "recover" them?

    Display Properties > Effects > Hide icons when the desktop is viewed
    as a web page (uncheck).

    Alternative solution:
    If a problem is less than 5 days old in Win98, then restart F8
    bootup/Command prompt only Dos or restart in Msdos mode and type
    scanreg/restore and try an older reg backup.

    Iceman, Feb 1, 2004

  3. Mike Doherty

    [ Doc Jeff ] Guest

    "Mike Doherty" <> wrote in

    > I'm running Windows 98.....
    > I have lost all my Desktop Icons!
    > How can I "recover" them?

    Reboot. If that doesn't fix it, come back for another hint.

    [ Doc Jeff ], Feb 1, 2004