    of the previous files I had saved were gone. This is the seond time it's
    happend. Is this a common problem with cdrws?
    Thanks

    Rclrk43, Oct 30, 2004

  2. Rclrk43

    Thagor Guest

    (Rclrk43) wrote in
    news::

    > While downloading a file to my cdrw using NERO burning software latest
    > version. All of of a sudden it seemed to be searching my cdrw and when
    > it got done it showed my cdrw was full. The cdrw was formatted prior
    > to doing this. And some of the previous files I had saved were gone.
    > This is the seond time it's happend. Is this a common problem with
    > cdrws? Thanks

    I've had it happen maybe 3 times over the last year or so using Roxio but
    it was always attributed to cheap disks. Once I started buying the better
    quality cdrw's the problem went away.

    Thagor, Oct 31, 2004

  3. Rclrk43

    WebWalker Guest

    On 30 Oct 2004 19:02:39 GMT, (Rclrk43) wrote:

    >While downloading a file to my cdrw using NERO burning software latest version.
    >All of of a sudden it seemed to be searching my cdrw and when it got done it
    >showed my cdrw was full. The cdrw was formatted prior to doing this. And some
    >of the previous files I had saved were gone. This is the seond time it's
    >happend. Is this a common problem with cdrws?
    >Thanks

    Usually CD-RW don't need to be formated unless you are using packet
    writing such as InCD.

    If you are using InCD for your CD-RW then don't use Nero burning
    software. Use just Windows Explorer to retrieve, update, copy, save file
    to (or from) the CD-RW.

    Newbie read the faq of cd burning here :- http://www.cdrfaq.org/

    p/s "Nero Buring ROM" do ISO buring and "Nero's InCD" do packet writing.
    They are different so don't mix using them.

    --
    WebWalker

    WebWalker, Oct 31, 2004