    themselves and in other combinations. Can anyone tell me how to get
    this back? I'm using W98SE.
    Thanks.
    Steve, Jul 5, 2003

  2. Try shift+insert. Don't press them at the same time. Press shift first, then
    insert.

    BananaPannaPoe, Jul 5, 2003

  3. Steve

    Steve Guest

    BananaPannaPoe wrote:
    > Try shift+insert. Don't press them at the same time. Press shift first, then
    > insert.

    Thanks, I've been doing this, but as you can imagine ctrl+v is a bit
    of a habit now.
    Steve, Jul 5, 2003
  4. Steve

    Jim So Guest

    Maybe reinstall the specific keyboard's drivers.

    Jim So, Jul 5, 2003
  5. There must be trillions of combinations on a keyboard. You pick two
    things at random and how many people in this world have computers? Ok we
    will take a billion now if the odds of anyone using ctrl+v are a
    trillion to one that would mean the odds of anyone in the world doing a
    ctrl+v would be about a thousand to one. It follows you likely won't
    ever get any answer on this one because people have better things to do
    than fart around with all their keyboard keys.

    the real TOMMY Tutalidge, Jul 5, 2003
  6. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Unk wrote:
    > On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 12:30:58 GMT, Steve <> wrote:
    > >I'm unable to paste using the ctrl+v keys. Both keys work OK by
    > >themselves and in other combinations. Can anyone tell me how to get
    > >this back? I'm using W98SE.
    > >Thanks.

    > Download and run TweakUI, "Repair" tab, use the spin box to select "Repair
    > hotkeys", click the "Repair Now" button, "Apply", "OK".
    >
    > Tweakui Version 1.33.0.0
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsme/guide/tweakui.exe
    > http://download.microsoft.com/download/winme/Install/1.0/WinMe/EN-US/Tweakui.exe
    > http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking/
    > http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking/NTTweakUI.asp
    > http://msie.conactive.com/files/powertoys/tweakui.zip

    Thanks for the tip, Unk. However, there is no "Repair Hotkeys"
    option on the spin box. This is prolly due to me having to use an
    old W98 install disc to complete the installation - as you know I
    use W98SE and there is no tweakui/powertoys supplied with this. Do
    you happen to know how I can complete the installation so that it
    will have the "Repair hotkeys"? Thanks.
    Steve, Jul 6, 2003
  7. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Steve wrote:
    > Unk wrote:
    > > On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 12:30:58 GMT, Steve <> wrote:
    > > >I'm unable to paste using the ctrl+v keys. Both keys work OK by
    > > >themselves and in other combinations. Can anyone tell me how to get
    > > >this back? I'm using W98SE.
    > > >Thanks.

    > > Download and run TweakUI, "Repair" tab, use the spin box to select "Repair
    > > hotkeys", click the "Repair Now" button, "Apply", "OK".
    > >
    > > Tweakui Version 1.33.0.0
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsme/guide/tweakui.exe
    > > http://download.microsoft.com/download/winme/Install/1.0/WinMe/EN-US/Tweakui.exe
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking/
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking/NTTweakUI.asp
    > > http://msie.conactive.com/files/powertoys/tweakui.zip

    > Thanks for the tip, Unk. However, there is no "Repair Hotkeys"
    > option on the spin box. This is prolly due to me having to use an
    > old W98 install disc to complete the installation - as you know I
    > use W98SE and there is no tweakui/powertoys supplied with this. Do
    > you happen to know how I can complete the installation so that it
    > will have the "Repair hotkeys"? Thanks.

    Scrap that, I managed to install tweakui okay by pointing back to
    the folder where I'd unzipped it. I've tried the repair you
    suggested a couple of times now with reboots in between, but it
    don't work. Thanks anyway.
    Steve, Jul 6, 2003
  8. Steve

    Steve Guest

    O-2-2-3-2-2-1-Piperidinophenyl-Octadecenylamine-
    Morpholinoethanimidoyl-4-4-Diethyl-2-Dicarbohydrazide wrote:
    > Steve wrote:
    >
    > I'm not surprised. It;'s for shortcuts on the start-menu, not bloody edit
    > commands. Unk is fuckwitted slug.

    And your suggestion for fixing it is?
    By the way, your sig delimiter is broke.
    Steve, Jul 6, 2003