    same version with the same options and themes.

    Obviously, I'm looking for any suggestions.

    Thanks

    Tom Allen, Apr 17, 2005

  2. I have just a suggestion:
    If you go to manage bookmarks and move them all to the root directory,
    it might work. If that doesn't work, look around about:config.
    Poly-p man

    Poly-poly man, Apr 18, 2005

  3. Tom Allen

    Tom Allen Guest

    Poly-poly man wrote:
    > I have just a suggestion:
    > If you go to manage bookmarks and move them all to the root directory,
    > it might work. If that doesn't work, look around about:config.
    > Poly-p man

    Thanks, I'll try that.

    BTW, I did the about:config thing, but didn't see anything obvious.

    Tom Allen, Apr 18, 2005
  4. Tom Allen

    Splibbilla Guest

    Tom Allen <> in news::

    > Poly-poly man wrote:
    >> I have just a suggestion:
    >> If you go to manage bookmarks and move them all to the root directory,
    >> it might work. If that doesn't work, look around about:config. Poly-p
    >> man
    >>

    > Thanks, I'll try that.
    >
    > BTW, I did the about:config thing, but didn't see anything obvious.

    There's a good chance you moved them out of bookmarks folder and into a personal toolbar (whatever it's called) bookmarks
    subfolder

    BTW, backup often. the whole bookmarks file gets snuffed easily in Moz and Netscape.

    If you already backup your MyDocs often, then (I think) you can about:config to move your bookmarks to a folder within
    MyDocs.

    And I think the new location of your bookmarks is stored in pref.js (?) so the location will be safe from being overwritten by
    updates of Moz/Firefox.

    --
    1 WinXp,Ff1.0.3 GoogleBar(XPI-rimental), Sage, PrefBar, Tabbrowser Preferences, CopyURL, IEView, Conquery(trying),
    and?

    Splibbilla, Apr 20, 2005
  5. Tom Allen

    Tom Allen Guest

    Splibbilla wrote:

    > Tom Allen <> in news::
    >

    >>Poly-poly man wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have just a suggestion:
    >>>If you go to manage bookmarks and move them all to the root directory,
    >>>it might work. If that doesn't work, look around about:config. Poly-p
    >>>man
    >>>

    >>Thanks, I'll try that.
    >>
    >>BTW, I did the about:config thing, but didn't see anything obvious.

    > There's a good chance you moved them out of bookmarks folder and into a personal toolbar (whatever it's called) bookmarks
    > subfolder
    >
    > BTW, backup often. the whole bookmarks file gets snuffed easily in Moz and Netscape.
    >
    > If you already backup your MyDocs often, then (I think) you can about:config to move your bookmarks to a folder within
    > MyDocs.
    >
    > And I think the new location of your bookmarks is stored in pref.js (?) so the location will be safe from being overwritten by
    > updates of Moz/Firefox.

    Thanks, but that wasn't the problem. I ended up uninstalling one
    extension at a time. I think it was a conflict of Multizilla and
    something else because after uninstalling MultiZ I found them. I ended
    up completely uninstalling Mozz 1.75 and then installed the 1.8 beta and
    everythign worked fine.

    Something weird, though - your post isn't wrapping for me, or at least,
    not at 72 characters - I have to scroll sideways to read your text. Are
    you posting in HTML?

    Tom

    Tom Allen, Apr 20, 2005
  6. Tom Allen

    Moz Champion Guest

    Tom Allen wrote:
    > Splibbilla wrote:
    >
    >> Tom Allen <> in

    >>> Thanks, I'll try that.
    >>>
    >>> BTW, I did the about:config thing, but didn't see anything obvious.

    >> There's a good chance you moved them out of bookmarks folder and into
    >> a personal toolbar (whatever it's called) bookmarks subfolder
    >> BTW, backup often. the whole bookmarks file gets snuffed easily in Moz
    >> and Netscape.
    >>
    >> If you already backup your MyDocs often, then (I think) you can
    >> about:config to move your bookmarks to a folder within MyDocs.
    >>
    >> And I think the new location of your bookmarks is stored in pref.js
    >> (?) so the location will be safe from being overwritten by updates of
    >> Moz/Firefox.

    > Thanks, but that wasn't the problem. I ended up uninstalling one
    > extension at a time. I think it was a conflict of Multizilla and
    > something else because after uninstalling MultiZ I found them. I ended
    > up completely uninstalling Mozz 1.75 and then installed the 1.8 beta and
    > everythign worked fine.
    >
    > Something weird, though - your post isn't wrapping for me, or at least,
    > not at 72 characters - I have to scroll sideways to read your text. Are
    > you posting in HTML?
    >
    > Tom

    Mozilla/TB/Netscape 7 post using Format=Flowed

    this allows the receiving program to wrap the text at window width,
    rather than an arbritray point set by the sender.

    Have you disabled format=flowed in Display?

    Moz Champion, Apr 20, 2005
  7. Tom Allen

    Splibbilla Guest

    Moz Champion <> in news:0Pi9e.93384$:

    >> Something weird, though - your post isn't wrapping for me, or at least,
    >> not at 72 characters - I have to scroll sideways to read your text. Are
    >> you posting in HTML?
    >>
    >> Tom

    > Mozilla/TB/Netscape 7 post using Format=Flowed
    >
    > this allows the receiving program to wrap the text at window width,
    > rather than an arbritray point set by the sender.
    >
    > Have you disabled format=flowed in Display?

    using

    wraps fine in xnews :) :)
    also looks ok in googlegroups, but usually wrap gets 'fixed' in g groups.

    http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?selm=

    Splibbilla, Apr 24, 2005
  8. Tom Allen

    Moz Champion Guest

    Splibbilla wrote:
    > Moz Champion <> in news:0Pi9e.93384$:
    >

    >>>Something weird, though - your post isn't wrapping for me, or at least,
    >>>not at 72 characters - I have to scroll sideways to read your text. Are
    >>>you posting in HTML?
    >>>
    >>>Tom

    >>Mozilla/TB/Netscape 7 post using Format=Flowed
    >>
    >>this allows the receiving program to wrap the text at window width,
    >>rather than an arbritray point set by the sender.
    >>
    >>Have you disabled format=flowed in Display?

    > using
    >
    > wraps fine in xnews :) :)
    > also looks ok in googlegroups, but usually wrap gets 'fixed' in g groups.
    >
    > http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?selm=

    Is Xnews using Format=Flowed? Or are you sending at a specific spacing
    (and what is that spacing?)
    Usually, its common to use about 72 characters per line if sending in a
    spaced format or structured lines

    Moz Champion, Apr 25, 2005