Lost Asterisk Prompts

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Matt, Apr 2, 2007.

  1. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Hi,

    I've been trying to update the asterisk voice prompts with the ones
    from http://www.tel.net/voice.html.

    All was going well until I tested them!

    Some work OK, other don't.

    eg.

    If a dial *65, I get "Your extension number is" . The nothing
    else.

    -- Executing Answer("SIP/205-bd13", "") in new stack
    -- Executing Wait("SIP/205-bd13", "1") in new stack
    -- Executing Macro("SIP/205-bd13", "user-callerid|") in new stack
    -- Executing NoOp("SIP/205-bd13", "user-callerid: device 205") in
    new stack
    -- Executing GotoIf("SIP/205-bd13", "0?report") in new stack
    -- Executing GotoIf("SIP/205-bd13", "0?start") in new stack
    -- Executing Set("SIP/205-bd13", "REALCALLERIDNUM=205") in new
    stack
    -- Executing NoOp("SIP/205-bd13", "REALCALLERIDNUM is 205") in new
    stack
    -- Executing Set("SIP/205-bd13", "AMPUSER=205") in new stack
    -- Executing Set("SIP/205-bd13", "AMPUSERCIDNAME=Warton Lane
    DECT") in new stack
    -- Executing GotoIf("SIP/205-bd13", "0?report") in new stack
    -- Executing Set("SIP/205-bd13", "CALLERID(all)=Warton Lane DECT
    <205>") in new stack
    -- Executing Set("SIP/205-bd13", "REALCALLERIDNUM=205") in new
    stack
    -- Executing NoOp("SIP/205-bd13", "TTL: ARG1: ") in new stack
    -- Executing GotoIf("SIP/205-bd13", "0?continue") in new stack
    -- Executing Set("SIP/205-bd13", "_TTL=64") in new stack
    -- Executing GotoIf("SIP/205-bd13", "1?continue") in new stack
    -- Goto (macro-user-callerid,s,21)
    -- Executing NoOp("SIP/205-bd13", "Using CallerID "Warton Lane
    DECT" <205>") in new stack
    -- Executing Playback("SIP/205-bd13", "your") in new stack
    -- Playing 'your' (language 'en')
    -- Executing Playback("SIP/205-bd13", "extension") in new stack
    -- Playing 'extension' (language 'en')
    -- Executing Playback("SIP/205-bd13", "number") in new stack
    -- Playing 'number' (language 'en')
    -- Executing Playback("SIP/205-bd13", "is") in new stack
    -- Playing 'is' (language 'en')
    -- Executing SayDigits("SIP/205-bd13", "205") in new stack
    -- Executing Macro("SIP/205-bd13", "hangupcall") in new stack
    -- Executing ResetCDR("SIP/205-bd13", "w") in new stack
    -- Executing NoCDR("SIP/205-bd13", "") in new stack
    -- Executing GotoIf("SIP/205-bd13", "1?skiprg") in new stack
    -- Goto (macro-hangupcall,s,6)
    -- Executing GotoIf("SIP/205-bd13", "1?theend") in new stack
    -- Goto (macro-hangupcall,s,9)
    -- Executing Wait("SIP/205-bd13", "5") in new stack
    -- Executing Hangup("SIP/205-bd13", "") in new stack

    If a call *98, I get nothing.

    All the files are there, as far as I can see.

    Anyone have any ideas?

    Many thanks

    Matthew

    Matt, Apr 2, 2007

  2. Matt

    Paul Hayes Guest

    Matt wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've been trying to update the asterisk voice prompts with the ones
    > from http://www.tel.net/voice.html.
    >
    > All was going well until I tested them!
    >
    > Some work OK, other don't.
    >
    > eg.
    >
    > If a dial *65, I get "Your extension number is" . The nothing
    > else.

    [snip!]

    > If a call *98, I get nothing.
    >
    > All the files are there, as far as I can see.
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas?
    >
    > Many thanks
    >

    > Matthew

    Does the user asterisk runs as have read access to the new files you've
    put in?

    cheers,
    Paul.

    Paul Hayes, Apr 2, 2007

  3. Matt

    Matt Guest

    On Apr 2, 4:41 pm, Paul Hayes <> wrote:
    > Matt wrote:
    > > Hi,

    > > I've been trying to update the asterisk voice prompts with the ones
    > > fromhttp://www.tel.net/voice.html.

    > > All was going well until I tested them!

    > > Some work OK, other don't.

    > > eg.

    > > If a dial *65, I get "Your extension number is" . The nothing
    > > else.

    > [snip!]
    >

    > > If a call *98, I get nothing.

    > > All the files are there, as far as I can see.

    > > Anyone have any ideas?

    > > Many thanks

    > > Matthew

    > Does the user asterisk runs as have read access to the new files you've
    > put in?
    >
    > cheers,
    > Paul.

    All ownerships and permissions look the same....

    Cheers for the suggestion

    Matt

    Matt, Apr 2, 2007
  4. Matt

    alexd Guest

    Matt wrote:

    > On Apr 2, 4:41 pm, Paul Hayes <> wrote:
    >> Matt wrote:
    >> > Hi,

    >> > I've been trying to update the asterisk voice prompts with the ones
    >> > fromhttp://www.tel.net/voice.html.

    >> > All was going well until I tested them!

    >> > Some work OK, other don't.

    >> > eg.

    >> > If a dial *65, I get "Your extension number is" . The nothing
    >> > else.

    >> > If a call *98, I get nothing.

    >> > All the files are there, as far as I can see.

    >> > Anyone have any ideas?

    >> Does the user asterisk runs as have read access to the new files you've
    >> put in?
    >>
    >> cheers,
    >> Paul.

    > All ownerships and permissions look the same....
    >
    > Cheers for the suggestion

    What format are the files in? How are the filenames caPItaliSED? Are the
    extensions [the .wav or .gsm bit] capitalised?

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    17:54:46 up 3 days, 9:41, 2 users, load average: 0.01, 0.14, 0.22

    alexd, Apr 2, 2007
  5. Matt

    Matt Guest

    On Apr 2, 5:56 pm, alexd <> wrote:
    > Matt wrote:

    > >> Does the user asterisk runs as have read access to the new files you've
    > >> put in?

    > >> cheers,
    > >> Paul.

    > > All ownerships and permissions look the same....

    > > Cheers for the suggestion

    > What format are the files in? How are the filenames caPItaliSED? Are the
    > extensions [the .wav or .gsm bit] capitalised?
    >
    > --
    > <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    > 17:54:46 up 3 days, 9:41, 2 users, load average: 0.01, 0.14, 0.22
    > Yes. I'm just guessing.

    all in lower case - filename and extension.

    All very strange....

    Matt, Apr 2, 2007
  6. Matt

    Linker3000 Guest

    Matt wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've been trying to update the asterisk voice prompts with the ones
    > from http://www.tel.net/voice.html.
    >
    > All was going well until I tested them!
    >
    > Some work OK, other don't.

    <snip>

    I seem to recall going down that route about 6 months ago and finding a
    number of simple, but critical recordings missing and this caused
    numerous things to stop working.

    I did some patching up - including making some needed files by editing
    other files in the set - and ended up with those UK male voices
    supplemented with a set of free UK female voices with the remainder from
    good ole US-Allison, although I rarely hear her now! I even threw in a
    UK busy tone. I have the finished set in a 7MB tar file if we can work
    out a suitable way to transfer it to you.

    Linker3000, Apr 3, 2007
  7. Matt

    Matt Guest

    On Apr 3, 1:04 am, Linker3000 <>
    wrote:
    > Matt wrote:
    > > Hi,

    > > I've been trying to update the asterisk voice prompts with the ones
    > > fromhttp://www.tel.net/voice.html.

    > > All was going well until I tested them!

    > > Some work OK, other don't.

    > <snip>
    >
    > I seem to recall going down that route about 6 months ago and finding a
    > number of simple, but critical recordings missing and this caused
    > numerous things to stop working.
    >
    > I did some patching up - including making some needed files by editing
    > other files in the set - and ended up with those UK male voices
    > supplemented with a set of free UK female voices with the remainder from
    > good ole US-Allison, although I rarely hear her now! I even threw in a
    > UK busy tone. I have the finished set in a 7MB tar file if we can work
    > out a suitable way to transfer it to you.

    Thanks for the offer - I've sent you an email!

    Cheers

    Matthew

    Matt, Apr 3, 2007
  8. Matt

    Linker3000 Guest

    Matt wrote:
    > On Apr 3, 1:04 am, Linker3000 <>
    > wrote:
    >> Matt wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>> I've been trying to update the asterisk voice prompts with the ones
    >>> fromhttp://www.tel.net/voice.html.
    >>> All was going well until I tested them!
    >>> Some work OK, other don't.

    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> I seem to recall going down that route about 6 months ago and finding a
    >> number of simple, but critical recordings missing and this caused
    >> numerous things to stop working.
    >>
    >> I did some patching up - including making some needed files by editing
    >> other files in the set - and ended up with those UK male voices
    >> supplemented with a set of free UK female voices with the remainder from
    >> good ole US-Allison, although I rarely hear her now! I even threw in a
    >> UK busy tone. I have the finished set in a 7MB tar file if we can work
    >> out a suitable way to transfer it to you.

    > Thanks for the offer - I've sent you an email!
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Matthew

    sounds.tgz sent to your gmail address - did you get it?

    Linker3000, Apr 5, 2007
  9. Matt

    Matt Guest

    On Apr 5, 8:19 pm, Linker3000 <>
    wrote:
    > Matt wrote:
    > > On Apr 3, 1:04 am, Linker3000 <>
    > > wrote:
    > >> <snip>

    > >> I seem to recall going down that route about 6 months ago and finding a
    > >> number of simple, but critical recordings missing and this caused
    > >> numerous things to stop working.

    > >> I did some patching up - including making some needed files by editing
    > >> other files in the set - and ended up with those UK male voices
    > >> supplemented with a set of free UK female voices with the remainder from
    > >> good ole US-Allison, although I rarely hear her now! I even threw in a
    > >> UK busy tone. I have the finished set in a 7MB tar file if we can work
    > >> out a suitable way to transfer it to you.

    > > Thanks for the offer - I've sent you an email!

    > > Cheers

    > > Matthew

    > sounds.tgz sent to your gmail address - did you get it?- Hide quoted text -

    Hmm. Not yet....

    Matt, Apr 5, 2007
  10. Matt

    Jono Guest

    Matt wrote :
    > On Apr 5, 8:19 pm, Linker3000 <>
    > wrote:
    >> Matt wrote:

    >>> Thanks for the offer - I've sent you an email!
    >>> Cheers

    >>> Matthew

    >> sounds.tgz sent to your gmail address - did you get it?- Hide quoted text -

    > Hmm. Not yet....

    YGM

    Jono, Apr 5, 2007