    Thanks in advance....

    Larry Davis
    Cortland, IL 60112

    Larry Davis, Feb 18, 2007

  2. Larry Davis

    Guest

    On Feb 18, 6:42 am, Larry Davis <> wrote:
    > Using Firefox 1.5.0.9, for no apparent reason ALL my entries in the
    > Search Engine Box are gone. Everything else is OK.
    >
    > I've brought up the "add engines" which redirects me to the FF Search
    > Engines page. On there is everything except what I want - Google.
    > The most popular search engine out there, and it's not available to
    > add. What's up with that ?
    >
    > I just want to add Google to my Search Engine Box, but can't figure
    > how to add it (or anything else not on the FF list).
    >
    > Can anyone help me with this?
    >
    > Thanks in advance....
    >
    > Larry Davis
    > Cortland, IL 60112

    you can look here: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unable_to_search_or_add_new_engines

    plus I don't know where you're looking for search engines, but you can
    find google here: http://mycroft.mozdev.org/

    , Feb 18, 2007

  3. Larry Davis

    Makhno Guest

    > I just want to add Google to my Search Engine Box, but can't figure
    > how to add it (or anything else not on the FF list).

    Who are these "Google" people? I've never heard of them.

    (in a funny mood today. Don't you use the Google toolbar?)

    Makhno, Feb 18, 2007
  4. On 2007-02-18, Larry Davis <> wrote:

    > Using Firefox 1.5.0.9, for no apparent reason ALL my entries in the
    > Search Engine Box are gone. Everything else is OK.
    >
    > I've brought up the "add engines" which redirects me to the FF Search
    > Engines page. On there is everything except what I want - Google.
    > The most popular search engine out there, and it's not available to
    > add. What's up with that ?
    >
    > I just want to add Google to my Search Engine Box, but can't figure
    > how to add it (or anything else not on the FF list).
    >
    > Can anyone help me with this?

    The default search engines are stored in Firefox's program dirctory;
    e.g. on Windows, C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\searchplugins

    What do you find there? Could it be a permissions problem?

    User-installed search plugins are in the "searchplugins" directory of
    your profile directory.

    If there are files in these places but you can't see them from FireFox,
    something's gotten hosed in you configuration. It appears that search
    engine configuration is stored in "search.sqlite" in your profile
    directory. Try moving that out of the way (withOUT FireFox running) and
    restart FireFox to see if it is automatically regenerated.

    --

    John ()

    John Thompson, Feb 18, 2007
  5. Larry Davis

    Larry Davis Guest

    I followed this link and went into Safe Mode, which restored all
    the search engines.

    Thanx to all who replied...

    Larry

    Larry Davis, Feb 19, 2007
  6. Larry Davis

    Frank Guest

    > (in a funny mood today. Don't you use the Google toolbar?)

    Unnecessary.

    Frank, Feb 19, 2007