Lost all bookmarks upgrading from FF 1.0.6 -> 1.0.7

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Emily, Nov 2, 2005.

  1. Emily

    Emily Guest

    As the subject says, after upgrading from FF 1.0.6 to 1.0.7, all my
    bookmarks are gone. I didn't discover this until today when I did a
    Ctrl-b to bring up the bookmarks sidebar and saw only the few new
    bookmarks I saved yesterday. I had installed 1.0.7 several days ago.

    I searched for file bookmarks.*, but only an older Mozilla profile
    bookmarks file showed up from when I had the entire Mozilla suite
    installed in the past (which is at least better than what I have now).
    In the Firefox profile folder, both bookmarks.html and bookmarks.bak are
    only 2k in length.

    Anyone else have this happen? I am just about ready to go back to IE.
    Every time I upgrade my version of Firefox something goes wrong
    (customizations or plug-ins lost, password manager settings lost, etc.)
    Mind if I SCREAM!?!?!?

    And no, I don't have a backup of my bookmarks file. I know I should
    have....

    Emily

    Emily, Nov 2, 2005