Lost a drive...sorta

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Lookout, May 6, 2006.

  1. Lookout

    Lookout Guest

    Win XP Pro, used Partition Magic 8

    I was trying to move space from G: to K: which were sided by side on
    Disk 1. Windows explorer now tells me that G is empty (it had a
    several directories with gigs of files before the move attempt).

    Disk 1

    with Disk Management I for G: I get
    Layout : Partition
    Type : Basic
    File System : (nothing here)
    Capacity : 41.13 GB
    Free Space : 41.13 GB
    % Free : 100%
    Fault Tolerance : No
    Overhead : No

    on Partition Magic
    Server 2 (G:)
    FAT32
    MB size : 42,115.7
    Used MB : 30,557.4
    Unused MB : 11,558.3
    Primary drive

    Under that there is
    (*)
    Extended
    Size MB : 34,200.9
    Used MB : 34,200.9
    Unused MB : 0.0
    Primary

    Are my files on the extended drive and if so how do I get them back?

    tia

    Lookout, May 6, 2006

  2. Lookout

    Lookout Guest