    in lossy or lossless mode ?
    --

    Alfred Molon
    Alfred Molon, Feb 1, 2006

  2. Alfred Molon <> writes:

    > We're scanning some slides and get 100MB files in the 16bit TIF mode.
    > Since normal JPEG doesn't support 16bit images, the only option seems to
    > be JPEG2000, or is there some other file format to compress the images,
    > in lossy or lossless mode ?

    The JPEG standard and the IJG codec support 12-bit samples, but very
    few applications make use of it. I'm guessing that LZW compressed
    TIFF or 16-bit PNG don't give the compression ratios you'd like.

    --
    Måns Rullgård
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?=, Feb 1, 2006

  3. Alfred Molon wrote:
    > We're scanning some slides and get 100MB files in the 16bit TIF mode.
    > Since normal JPEG doesn't support 16bit images, the only option seems
    > to be JPEG2000, or is there some other file format to compress the
    > images, in lossy or lossless mode ?

    - turn on one of the compression options in TIFF?

    - use PNG?

    David
    David J Taylor, Feb 1, 2006
  4. Alfred Molon

    Tony Guest

    If you use Photoshop archive in PSD format - CDs are cheap.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony, Feb 3, 2006