lossless batch processing of jpeg pictures (os x)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by pierre lemercier, Mar 26, 2008.

  1. Is there an easy (possibly free) software to do that?

    pierre lemercier, Mar 26, 2008

  2. pierre lemercier <> wrote:

    > Is there an easy (possibly free) software to do that?

    I mean Is there an easy (possibly free) software to do lossless
    rotations in batch mode?

    pierre lemercier, Mar 26, 2008

  3. pierre lemercier <> wrote:
    > pierre lemercier <> wrote:

    >> Is there an easy (possibly free) software to do that?

    > I mean Is there an easy (possibly free) software to do lossless
    > rotations in batch mode?

    If the rotations are by integral numbers of right angles, Irfanview
    (shareware) can batch process those.

    --
    Chris Malcolm DoD #205
    [http://www.dai.ed.ac.uk/homes/cam/]

    Chris Malcolm, Mar 26, 2008
  4. pierre lemercier

    Guest

    On 26 Mar 2008 14:35:01 GMT, in rec.photo.digital Chris Malcolm
    <> wrote:

    >pierre lemercier <> wrote:
    >> pierre lemercier <> wrote:

    >>> Is there an easy (possibly free) software to do that?

    >> I mean Is there an easy (possibly free) software to do lossless
    >> rotations in batch mode?

    >If the rotations are by integral numbers of right angles, Irfanview
    >(shareware) can batch process those.

    However, if you look at the subject line, he's running OS X on a Mac.
    Irfanview is PC only. Maybe image magic or graphic converter?

    , Mar 27, 2008
  5. pierre lemercier

    Paul Allen Guest

    On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 20:31:27 -0400, me wrote:

    > On 26 Mar 2008 14:35:01 GMT, in rec.photo.digital Chris Malcolm
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>pierre lemercier <> wrote:

    >>> I mean Is there an easy (possibly free) software to do lossless
    >>> rotations in batch mode?

    >>If the rotations are by integral numbers of right angles, Irfanview
    >>(shareware) can batch process those.

    > However, if you look at the subject line, he's running OS X on a Mac.
    > Irfanview is PC only. Maybe image magic or graphic converter?

    ImageMagick doesn't do lossless rotation. Jpegtran with the lossless
    crop/rotate patch would probably compile on OS/X. It would be
    trivial to use in a script to process batches of images. For the
    same reason as Irfanview, jpegtran will only rotate in 90 degree
    increments.

    Paul Allen

    Paul Allen, Mar 28, 2008