    Is it hardware problem?
    Help please.
    Thanks
    Smiffie72, Aug 9, 2008

  2. Hi
    It probably has nothing to do with the Laptop.
    My guess would be that the Router is not configured correctly.
    Check all the connections, and use a wired PC to connect to the Router and
    check its settings.
    To find trouble with computer connected with wire,
    http://www.ezlan.net/debug.html
    Wireless, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    As for the Router you would have to use its manual.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 9, 2008

  3. Smiffie72

    DanM1950 Guest

    Re: Loss of wireless connection / let windows run your remote

    Hi Ed:

    I had a similar situation sometime ago. The linksys box is great, however
    here is my solution which has one drawback and that is no protection. For my
    notebook I which I have a linksys card & software, I trashed the software and
    let windows do it's thing manage that setup. My pc just runs off a port on
    the router and I am able to print if I just turn on the pc, the printers are
    connected to the pc, no wireless print devices. The strange thing is when my
    son is over with his dell notebook about 4 years old has a linksys card he
    can connect only if you go to the setup area of the card and have it
    recognize first the name of your linksys network. Also, all my computers have
    the same name for the group they belong to like MSHOME. All systems I believe
    require the same name. You are not creating a domain.

    Hope this helps
    Dan

    DanM1950, Aug 9, 2008