    but after a while nothing showed up so now I have no Internet Explorer on my
    computer,so I cannot get on to the web, can any one advise.
    Archie 2

    RONALD ELEY, Jun 17, 2007

  2. RONALD ELEY wrote:
    > Hi
    > On trying update to Internet Explorer 7,I started downloading the program
    > and after it was running a notice came up saying before downloading Internet
    > Explorer 7 It would uninstall the Internet Explorer that is already on my
    > computer,after a while the computer switch off which I took as the procedure
    > but after a while nothing showed up so now I have no Internet Explorer on my
    > computer,so I cannot get on to the web, can any one advise.

    Yes, switch to a good web browser. I like Firefox but there are others.
    Nearly everybody you know with a computer should be able to supply you
    with a downloaded copy on a CDR.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 17, 2007

  3. RONALD ELEY

    Dan C Guest

    On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 21:59:17 +0000, RONALD ELEY wrote:

    > Hi
    > On trying update to Internet Explorer 7,I started downloading the program
    > and after it was running a notice came up saying before downloading Internet
    > Explorer 7 It would uninstall the Internet Explorer that is already on my
    > computer,after a while the computer switch off which I took as the procedure
    > but after a while nothing showed up so now I have no Internet Explorer on my
    > computer,so I cannot get on to the web, can any one advise.

    Not having Internet Explorer is a good thing.

    Install Firefox.

    Dan C, Jun 18, 2007
  4. RONALD ELEY

    Nomen Nescio Guest

    "RONALD ELEY" <> wrote in message
    > On trying update to Internet Explorer 7,I started downloading the program
    > and after it was running a notice came up saying before downloading
    > Internet Explorer 7 It would uninstall the Internet Explorer that is
    > already on my computer,after a while the computer switch off which I took
    > as the procedure but after a while nothing showed up so now I have no
    > Internet Explorer on my computer,so I cannot get on to the web, can any
    > one advise.

    Wow... Windows healing itself by rejecting the 'cancerous tissue' of IE...
    spontaneous remission.

    Would that qualify as a miracle?

    Nomen Nescio, Jun 18, 2007
  5. RONALD ELEY

    JANA Guest

    You will need some type of browser working in order to get something going
    in the first place. Re-install the browser from your installation CD, or get
    a copy on CD from somewhere. Then you can go to the MS site and properly
    install IE as you wanted to do.

    If you want a browser that is different and very good, try Firefox.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Jun 18, 2007
  6. RONALD ELEY wrote:

    > Hi
    > On trying update to Internet Explorer 7,I started downloading the program
    > and after it was running a notice came up saying before downloading
    > Internet Explorer 7 It would uninstall the Internet Explorer that is
    > already on my computer,after a while the computer switch off which I took
    > as the procedure but after a while nothing showed up so now I have no
    > Internet Explorer on my computer,so I cannot get on to the web, can any
    > one advise. Archie 2

    You can use commandline ftp to download a real browser.
    At a "commandline", type "ftp ftp.mozilla.org" and supply "anonymous" as
    username, password can be empty.
    Then type "type image" and
    "cd /pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/2.0.0.4/win32" and further to your
    language directory, and "get" it.
    Now, I really wonder how XP may let IE uninstall anyway. Try rechecking it
    under control panel-software and add/remove windows components.

    Walter Mautner, Jun 18, 2007
  7. RONALD ELEY

    ded Guest

    > Hi
    > On trying update to Internet Explorer 7,I started downloading the program
    > and after it was running a notice came up saying before downloading
    > Internet Explorer 7 It would uninstall the Internet Explorer that is
    > already on my computer,after a while the computer switch off which I took
    > as the procedure but after a while nothing showed up so now I have no
    > Internet Explorer on my computer,so I cannot get on to the web, can any
    > one advise.
    > Archie 2

    Hi Archie
    I'm afraid as you are an NTLer, well they do have a reputation in this
    group.
    Do you mean the actual IE browser or maybe you mean the IE icon on the
    desktop that usually has one's homepage, isn't working?
    You post via OE, try clicking on this link and see if anything loads:
    http://news.google.com/

    If it transpires that IE has genuinely been disabled, you could try system
    restore
    to a point prior to the download, in fact the download probably created a
    restore point. Try it.

    ded, Jun 18, 2007
  8. RONALD ELEY

    Aardvark Guest

    On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 04:20:04 +0200, Nomen Nescio wrote:

    > Would that qualify as a miracle?

    Possibly. Nevertheless, I can't foresee the Vatican beatifying Micro$oft
    anytime soon :)

    --
    Registered Linux User 413057.
    Both Mandriva 2007.1 and Ubuntu 7.04

    the other English teams put together :)

    Aardvark, Jun 18, 2007
  9. RONALD ELEY

    Plato Guest

    RONALD ELEY wrote:

    > On trying update to Internet Explorer 7,I started downloading the program

    Why? Does your web browser need updating? Or are you just updating for
    the heck of it as a new version is available. Aways keep what owrks, and
    only update if you NEED to.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jun 19, 2007