    It isn't that I am using the far RHS ones and have NUMLOCK on,
    the 5 arrow keys next to them aren't being recognised either...

    Anyone else have this?

    Jim, Jul 10, 2006

  2. Jim wrote:
    > Occasionally I'll be using the search box on Wikipedia or Google with
    > the latest version of FF with XP and my arrow keys stop functioning ...
    >
    > It isn't that I am using the far RHS ones and have NUMLOCK on, the 5
    > arrow keys next to them aren't being recognised either...
    >
    > Anyone else have this?

    You using Tweakguides by any chance?
    Does it occur if you start up in Firefox safe mode?

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jul 10, 2006

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jul 10, 2006
  4. Jim

    gwtc Guest

    Jim wrote:

    > Occasionally I'll be using the search box on Wikipedia or
    > Google with the latest version of FF with XP and my arrow keys
    > stop functioning ...
    >
    > It isn't that I am using the far RHS ones and have NUMLOCK on,
    > the 5 arrow keys next to them aren't being recognised either...
    >
    > Anyone else have this?

    do you have caps lock on or off?

    --
    You Know You're Getting Even Older When . . . happy hour is a nap.

    gwtc, Jul 10, 2006
  5. Jim

    gwtc Guest

    gwtc, Jul 10, 2006
  6. Jim

    Z Guest

    Jim wrote:
    > Occasionally I'll be using the search box on Wikipedia or Google with
    > the latest version of FF with XP and my arrow keys stop functioning ...
    >
    > It isn't that I am using the far RHS ones and have NUMLOCK on, the 5
    > arrow keys next to them aren't being recognised either...
    >
    > Anyone else have this?

    YES!!! Damn irritating.

    Z, Jul 10, 2006
  7. Jim

    Z Guest

    Jim wrote:
    > Occasionally I'll be using the search box on Wikipedia or Google with
    > the latest version of FF with XP and my arrow keys stop functioning ...
    >
    > It isn't that I am using the far RHS ones and have NUMLOCK on, the 5
    > arrow keys next to them aren't being recognised either...
    >
    > Anyone else have this?

    YES!!! Damn irritating.

    Z, Jul 10, 2006
  8. Jim

    Z Guest

    Z wrote:
    >> Occasionally I'll be using the search box on Wikipedia or Google with
    >> the latest version of FF with XP and my arrow keys stop functioning ...

    > YES!!! Damn irritating.

    My original post on this:

    From: Z <>
    Newsgroups: alt.fan.mozilla
    Subject: Losing control of arrow keys in FF 1.5.0.3

    Z, Jul 10, 2006
  9. Jim

    Z Guest

    Z wrote:
    >> Occasionally I'll be using the search box on Wikipedia or Google with
    >> the latest version of FF with XP and my arrow keys stop functioning ...

    > YES!!! Damn irritating.

    My original post on this:

    From: Z <>
    Newsgroups: alt.fan.mozilla

    Z, Jul 10, 2006
  10. Z wrote:
    > Z wrote:
    >>> Occasionally I'll be using the search box on Wikipedia or Google with
    >>> the latest version of FF with XP and my arrow keys stop functioning ...

    >> YES!!! Damn irritating.

    > My original post on this:
    >
    > From: Z <>
    > Newsgroups: alt.fan.mozilla
    > Subject: Losing control of arrow keys in FF 1.5.0.3

    Well, you have two people attempting to assist, and you dont provide the
    information they request!
    How about answering the questions they pose?

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jul 10, 2006

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jul 10, 2006
  12. Jim

    Jim Guest

    > You using Tweakguides by any chance?

    No.

    > Does it occur if you start up in Firefox safe mode?

    Yes.

    Jim, Jul 11, 2006
  13. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Jim, Jul 11, 2006
  14. Jim

    Jim Guest

    > do you have caps lock on or off?

    Off.

    Jim, Jul 11, 2006
  15. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Jim, Jul 11, 2006
  16. Jim wrote:
    >> do you have caps lock on or off?

    > Off.

    Okay, you have the problem (arrow keys stop functioning)
    you dont use tweakguides, the problem occurs in Firefox safe mode and
    your caps lock is off

    try a new profile as a test, do you get the same problem with the new
    profile?

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jul 11, 2006

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jul 11, 2006
  18. Jim

    Z Guest

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > Z wrote:

    >>> YES!!! Damn irritating.

    >> My original post on this:
    >>
    >> From: Z <>
    >> Newsgroups: alt.fan.mozilla
    >> Subject: Losing control of arrow keys in FF 1.5.0.3

    > Well, you have two people attempting to assist, and you dont provide the
    > information they request!
    > How about answering the questions they pose?

    Welcome back, Dan.

    re: arrow keys

    It got so bad that I stopped using FF to read Gmail. I use IE6 for that
    site now. So, I can't add anything beyond "Yes, this happened to me, too."

    Z, Jul 11, 2006
  19. Jim

    Z Guest

    Z, Jul 11, 2006
  20. Jim

    gwtc Guest

    Z wrote:

    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >
    >>Z wrote:

    >>>My original post on this:
    >>>
    >>>From: Z <>
    >>>Newsgroups: alt.fan.mozilla
    >>>Subject: Losing control of arrow keys in FF 1.5.0.3

    >>Well, you have two people attempting to assist, and you dont provide the
    >>information they request!
    >>How about answering the questions they pose?

    > Welcome back, Dan.
    >
    > re: arrow keys
    >
    > It got so bad that I stopped using FF to read Gmail. I use IE6 for that
    > site now. So, I can't add anything beyond "Yes, this happened to me, too."

    then why don't you use TB or some other email program to access your
    gmail account?

    --
    You Know You're Getting Even Older When . . . happy hour is a nap.

    gwtc, Jul 11, 2006