losing wireless connection very frequently

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?bG9wZXQwMg==?=, May 25, 2006.

  1. I have 2 computers, 1 laptop (dell xps) and a desktop ( Compaq). They are on
    a shared network and i have no problem connecting on both systems at the same
    time. However, on the laptop i am TOO often losing connection while the
    desktop has never had a problem. This happens 1 - 30 times a day and not
    just during the "busiest" times of day.

    My wireless connection icon will list "Ecellent" Signal and still i cannot
    access internet sites, Msn messenger or Yahoo messenger.

    I have also encountered the icon listing "Limited or No Connection".

    I have tried restarting the computer to no avail.

    I have contacted Dell Tech support 3 times and gone through their processes
    with no solutions.

    I have contacted AT&T/SBC, my DSL provider, and have gone through their
    troubleshooting as well. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that they are the
    issue since i can ALWAYS connect on my desktop.

    Has anyone found a solution to this problem? Is it an internal wireless
    card issue? I'm getting really tired of waiting on hold with Dell Tech
    Support and not getting resolutions... Please help!!!!

    =?Utf-8?B?bG9wZXQwMg==?=, May 25, 2006