    spell check. I found that amusing :)

    thanks for assistance

    SS

    SightSeer, Dec 2, 2004

  2. SightSeer

    Travis Evans Guest

    SightSeer wrote:
    > Is anyone else having Thunderbird randomly revert the settings in
    > newsgroups to where your message view is not threaded. If so any way to
    > prevent this....

    The view settings might be remembered separately for each newsgroup,
    which might make it appear that they are randomly changing when you
    change to another newsgroup. Do they seem to randomly change when
    switching to different newsgroups, or do you specifically remember
    changing the view settings of one newsgroup, and having them reverted
    when you return to that same newsgroup?

    If it's the first case, try going to each newsgroup in sequence and
    turning on threaded view in each one. If it's the second case,
    something strange is going on.

    > Also anyone else noted the word Thunderbird comes up in
    > spell check. I found that amusing :)

    I thought it was odd that the word "okay" was counted as a misspelled
    word. Is the word "okay" never used in the English language? IMO,
    that's a rather big oversight. :)

    --
    Travis

    [My email address listed is valid, but may change from time to time to
    reduce spam. When emailing me, please check one of my recent Usenet
    messages to make sure you are using the current address; otherwise, I
    may not receive your message.]

    Travis Evans, Dec 2, 2004

  3. SightSeer

    SightSeer Guest

    Travis Evans wrote:
    > SightSeer wrote:
    >
    >> Is anyone else having Thunderbird randomly revert the settings in
    >> newsgroups to where your message view is not threaded. If so any way
    >> to prevent this....

    > The view settings might be remembered separately for each newsgroup,
    > which might make it appear that they are randomly changing when you
    > change to another newsgroup. Do they seem to randomly change when
    > switching to different newsgroups, or do you specifically remember
    > changing the view settings of one newsgroup, and having them reverted
    > when you return to that same newsgroup?
    >
    > If it's the first case, try going to each newsgroup in sequence and
    > turning on threaded view in each one. If it's the second case,
    > something strange is going on.
    >
    >> Also anyone else noted the word Thunderbird comes up in spell check.
    >> I found that amusing :)

    > I thought it was odd that the word "okay" was counted as a misspelled
    > word. Is the word "okay" never used in the English language? IMO,
    > that's a rather big oversight. :)

    I have had it happen when using the mozilla group on more than one
    occasion so to answer your question the same newsgroup.

    SS

    SightSeer, Dec 2, 2004
  4. SightSeer wrote:
    > Travis Evans wrote:
    >
    >> SightSeer wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is anyone else having Thunderbird randomly revert the settings in
    >>> newsgroups to where your message view is not threaded. If so any way
    >>> to prevent this....

    >> The view settings might be remembered separately for each newsgroup,
    >> which might make it appear that they are randomly changing when you
    >> change to another newsgroup. Do they seem to randomly change when
    >> switching to different newsgroups, or do you specifically remember
    >> changing the view settings of one newsgroup, and having them reverted
    >> when you return to that same newsgroup?
    >>
    >> If it's the first case, try going to each newsgroup in sequence and
    >> turning on threaded view in each one. If it's the second case,
    >> something strange is going on.
    >>
    >>> Also anyone else noted the word Thunderbird comes up in spell check.
    >>> I found that amusing :)

    >> I thought it was odd that the word "okay" was counted as a misspelled
    >> word. Is the word "okay" never used in the English language? IMO,
    >> that's a rather big oversight. :)
    >>

    > I have had it happen when using the mozilla group on more than one
    > occasion so to answer your question the same newsgroup.
    >
    > SS

    Yeah it was happening to me, but so far, with TB 1.0 RC1, it seems fine.

    Note that this is about an hour after installing so, long term, who knows?

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 2, 2004