    connection 3, but when you click on it, it says it is connected to
    dragRacers. Shouldn't the name of the connection also be dragRacers? Any
    ideas would be greatly appreciated.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVhbmll?=, Dec 29, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SmVhbmll?=

    David Hettel Guest

    Hmm I have a theory, don't know if it's right or not. You son's laptop maybe
    going into power save mode, if it's always on but not being used. And
    shutting down the wireless card for a small period of time. If the firmware
    on the wireless router has not been updated it's possible that this power
    save mode is not fully supported. I'd suggest that you go into the
    properties for the wireless card and disable all power saving features on
    it.

    Also and the better choice would be to check with Netgear for a firmware
    update for your router.

    Your network connection icon's are generally given names that reflect what
    they are, rather than what they connect to. You can right click on the icon
    and rename it if you want. But network icon's name don't change based on
    what they are connected to. So if you set it to dragRacers it would display
    that name if connected to your Netgear, to a neighbor's access point, the
    local library, or the school's network.

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.