    wireless network is not suitable for a constant DB connection or is there a
    solution.

    Thanks.
    Brendan Chan, Oct 30, 2008

  2. Brendan Chan

    Pavel A. Guest

    Brendan Chan wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Similar 4 PCs that I mentioned in my other posting (Ping and Printing Issue
    > on wireless network). All 4 PCs are using Microsoft Access to do data input,
    > the Access DB is located in a server, the Access DB file are mapped in the 4
    > PCs.
    >
    > Quite often, the 4 PCs will suffer from Disk Error, can anyone tell me if
    > wireless network is not suitable for a constant DB connection or is there a
    > solution.

    As MVP Jack wrote, wireless connections are not very stable.
    Therefore they present a challenge for applications developed
    for wired networks.
    Today's applications created with web connectivity in mind
    (including wireless) typically use synchronization approach:
    they work on a local (fast, reliable) copy of the data,
    and sync it with remote/shared copy, as the network conditions allow.
    The MS Office Outlook is a good example.

    Regards,
    --PA
    Pavel A., Oct 30, 2008

  3. Brendan Chan

    Brendan Chan Guest

    Thanks PA... time for me to convert my Access application into a web-based
    application.

    Brendan Chan, Oct 31, 2008