    This happens often when sending e-mail from GMail (http://www.gmail.com.)

    I've just updated to 1.5.0.4, hoping to solve this problem.

    Has anyone else seen this problem?

    Z, Jun 17, 2006

  2. Z

    gwtc Guest

    Z wrote:
    > Has anyone else noticed this?
    >
    > A few times each day I'll lose all functionality in my arrow keys. Up,
    > Down, Left and Right all stop working. Closing the FF window and
    > reopening fixes the problem.
    >
    > This happens often when sending e-mail from GMail (http://www.gmail.com.)
    >
    > I've just updated to 1.5.0.4, hoping to solve this problem.
    >
    > Has anyone else seen this problem?

    nope. Just you. Maybe its your keyboard sticking. Maybe its because
    you've got caps lock or scroll lock or num lock on

    --
    Funny Things To Do in An Elevator: Tip #1: Make race car noises when
    anyone gets on or off.

    gwtc, Jun 17, 2006

  3. Z

    Z Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    >> A few times each day I'll lose all functionality in my arrow keys. Up,
    >> Down, Left and Right all stop working. Closing the FF window and
    >> reopening fixes the problem.
    >> This happens often when sending e-mail from GMail (http://www.gmail.com.)
    >> I've just updated to 1.5.0.4, hoping to solve this problem.
    >> Has anyone else seen this problem?

    > nope. Just you. Maybe its your keyboard sticking. Maybe its because
    > you've got caps lock or scroll lock or num lock on

    I doubt that it's a keyboard or Num Lock problem because when I see this
    problem, if I have another FF window open and change focus to that other
    FF window, the arrow keys work in that other window.

    And then, when I go back to the original FF window, the arrow keys still
    don't work.

    If this problem continues to happen with 1.5.0.4, which I've just
    recently installed, I'll respond again to this thread.

    Z, Jun 18, 2006
  4. Z

    GordonD Guest

    In article <T_Lkg.40$>, Z <> wrote:
    >Has anyone else noticed this?
    >
    >A few times each day I'll lose all functionality in my arrow keys. Up,
    >Down, Left and Right all stop working. Closing the FF window and
    >reopening fixes the problem.
    >
    >This happens often when sending e-mail from GMail (http://www.gmail.com.)
    >
    >I've just updated to 1.5.0.4, hoping to solve this problem.
    >
    >Has anyone else seen this problem?

    Happens to me occasionally when more than one window is open. At first I
    noticed it on my notebook XPHome and then on the desktop XPPro.

    GordonD, Jun 18, 2006
  5. Z

    ongle

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    This is an old and annoying problem. Google for "firefox arrow keys compreg.dat". Basically, if you delete the compreg.dat file in your profile directory it will fix it for a while. It comes back so this isn't a good fix.
    e.g. in WinXP
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\default.f7q\compreg.dat

    ongle, Aug 16, 2006