    tray icon still says "connected". After I run "repair" sometimes more than
    once, the connect to internet works. How can I find out what is causing
    this?
    tango, Dec 29, 2007

  2. tango

    eileen Guest

    tango; I have experienced similar problems; where I literally had to
    reconfigure the whole enchalada. One thing for sure is IE7 (I have the same
    browser) does offer the recent network diagnostics provided through the Tools
    menu. Just click on IE and when it is not able to show the page choose the
    Tools as an option, or the network diagognostics option should be available.
    Also try the progams from start menu and click on Accessories. C:prompt will
    allow the user to ipconfig and see what the heck is going on with
    connectivety.
    Regardless there is an internal modem in your pc, and an external modem
    somewhere on the network. Right click the properties of any and all devices
    associated with the hardware involved.
    I discovered when I experienced the network unavaliable scenario, yet
    connected, I had to reconfigure the network key for each device involved.
    Afterwards, or before I had to reconfigure the fact each modem (device) did
    exist!
    The main issue seemed to evolve around the weird fact IE7 did not even exist
    temporarily.
    Oh well hope that helps some!

    --
    eileen banta