    for this camera. Everthing seems to be operating OK, but I didn't necessarily
    think that the lens would "wiggle" like this. Any input? It is not the outside
    lens cover, but the actula lens itself.

    StuartB54, Jan 4, 2004

  2. (StuartB54) writes:
    >I was cleaning the lens on my new G3 when I noticed that it felt lose. When
    >rubbing the outside lens with a microfibre cloth it moved or wiggled. This
    >caught me by surprise, and I thought I would ask this group if this is normal
    >for this camera. Everthing seems to be operating OK, but I didn't necessarily
    >think that the lens would "wiggle" like this. Any input? It is not the outside
    >lens cover, but the actula lens itself.

    Yes, this seems to be normal for the G series cameras - my G2 does it
    too. The front element of the lens is mounted in the end of the outer
    lens barrel, which is somewhat loosely coupled to the internal lens
    mechanism. If you push it, it will wiggle, but only 1 mm or less. If
    you have a bright light shining into the lens, you can see that the
    inner lens barrel parts and other lens elements are *not* wiggling while
    the outer barrel is.

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Jan 4, 2004

  3. CHRIST ! I thought it was bad when they used "Loose" in place of "Lose",
    but now they're using "Lose" to mean " Loose" !
    For the record, Lose means, "to misplace".
    Loose means , "not tight".
    As someone famous, probably Yogi Berra said, " You could look it up ".

    Reginald Beckwith, Jan 5, 2004