Lose Internet Explorer or Mozilla web page viewing

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by lostIE@spam.free, Jan 20, 2005.

  1. Guest

    For some reason for a few minutes of boot up time I can browse web
    pages then for no reason I can no longer view web pages with the
    unable to access site error message.
    I can download tons of email, usenet articles, chat programs, in and
    out ftp 250 MB+ file sharing with no problems all the while I can not
    browse web sites with either browser program.
    I had a linksys wireless router and this computer running win98SE ran
    a linksys wireless card. I replaced the router with a dlink wireless
    router and the linksys wireless card with a d-link card and the
    problems still exist.
    I completely uninstalled all the Network cards, TCP/IP services and
    all Network protocols and shutdown then restarted the computer cold. I
    then reinstalled the D-LINK wireless PCI card and the software.
    Everything returned exactly the same.
    I have run hijack this, spysweeper, adaware and my win98 is
    completely up to date with windows update web site. I have no firewall
    and I have scanned the computer with norton AV and there is not one
    virus on the computer. The other computer is hard wired to running
    Winxp and it has no problems browsing web sites.

    Does anyone have any ideas why port 80 is not working?

    , Jan 20, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > For some reason for a few minutes of boot up time I can browse web
    > pages then for no reason I can no longer view web pages with the
    > unable to access site error message.
    > I can download tons of email, usenet articles, chat programs, in and
    > out ftp 250 MB+ file sharing with no problems all the while I can not
    > browse web sites with either browser program.
    > I had a linksys wireless router and this computer running win98SE ran
    > a linksys wireless card. I replaced the router with a dlink wireless
    > router and the linksys wireless card with a d-link card and the
    > problems still exist.
    > I completely uninstalled all the Network cards, TCP/IP services and
    > all Network protocols and shutdown then restarted the computer cold. I
    > then reinstalled the D-LINK wireless PCI card and the software.
    > Everything returned exactly the same.
    > I have run hijack this, spysweeper, adaware and my win98 is
    > completely up to date with windows update web site. I have no firewall
    > and I have scanned the computer with norton AV and there is not one
    > virus on the computer. The other computer is hard wired to running
    > Winxp and it has no problems browsing web sites.
    >
    > Does anyone have any ideas why port 80 is not working?

    Tried Winsock Fix?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jan 20, 2005

  3. Guest

    On 2005-01-20, Rôgêr <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> For some reason for a few minutes of boot up time I can browse web
    >> pages then for no reason I can no longer view web pages with the
    >> unable to access site error message.
    >> I can download tons of email, usenet articles, chat programs, in and
    >> out ftp 250 MB+ file sharing with no problems all the while I can not
    >> browse web sites with either browser program.
    >> I had a linksys wireless router and this computer running win98SE ran
    >> a linksys wireless card. I replaced the router with a dlink wireless
    >> router and the linksys wireless card with a d-link card and the
    >> problems still exist.
    >> I completely uninstalled all the Network cards, TCP/IP services and
    >> all Network protocols and shutdown then restarted the computer cold. I
    >> then reinstalled the D-LINK wireless PCI card and the software.
    >> Everything returned exactly the same.
    >> I have run hijack this, spysweeper, adaware and my win98 is
    >> completely up to date with windows update web site. I have no firewall
    >> and I have scanned the computer with norton AV and there is not one
    >> virus on the computer. The other computer is hard wired to running
    >> Winxp and it has no problems browsing web sites.
    >>
    >> Does anyone have any ideas why port 80 is not working?

    > Tried Winsock Fix?
    > http://www.spychecker.com/program/winsockxpfix.html

    Hi, This is a Win98 machine. I had to reinstall 98
    due to the fact I had a network card prior to installing
    the wireless card and for some reason when Win98 attempted
    to web browse it would attempt to connect to the removed
    network card. Weird. It i sworking 100% now and daling with
    Win 98 is such a pain.

    , Jan 20, 2005