    2) Outlook express seems to have problems remembering my POP email
    password... any ideas?

    Howie
    Howie, Dec 19, 2004

  2. Howie

    Mark Mandell Guest

    "Howie" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi!
    >
    > I recently dug up a 20 GB drive to replace my old 4.3 GB hard drive. I
    > cloned my old drive (with XXcopy) because I didn't want to go through the
    > big hassle of a total re-install. My cloned drive is now my main (and OS
    > drive), but I have a few annoying problems:
    >
    > 1) I commonly have trouble connecting to the internet. I re-installed my
    > NIC card drivers, but I still have the connection problem. any ideas?

    Perhaps you should contact your ISP to get the right DNS server TCP/IP
    settings.

    Mark Mandell, Dec 20, 2004

  3. Howie

    Robert Baer Guest

    Howie wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > I recently dug up a 20 GB drive to replace my old 4.3 GB hard drive. I
    > cloned my old drive (with XXcopy) because I didn't want to go through the
    > big hassle of a total re-install. My cloned drive is now my main (and OS
    > drive), but I have a few annoying problems:
    >
    > 1) I commonly have trouble connecting to the internet. I re-installed my
    > NIC card drivers, but I still have the connection problem. any ideas?
    >
    > 2) Outlook express seems to have problems remembering my POP email
    > password... any ideas?
    >
    > Howie

    Never seen program problems on a copy before.
    Boot sector problems and hidden partition problems have been the most
    i have seen, if the destination drive is good.

    I know nothing about XXcopy - how good/bad it is, the limitations or
    quirks.
    Look very carefully at the documentation and make sure that a full
    "exact" copy is made.
    I would guess that a "copy" to a new and larger drive may not give
    partitions properly formatted in the additional space.
    If that is the case, there are two "fixes": a) copy to new with all
    resulting partitions being the same size as on the original; b)
    pre-format the new drive to match the new partition sizes and then do
    the copy.

    I have done this copy scheme for backup purposes since 500+Mbyte
    drives were considered the biggest that could be handled.
    Having an exact copy for backup can save *lots* of time and all
    personal data when the running drive goes bad.
    And it allows upgrading to larger drives, like you are trying.
    Robert Baer, Dec 20, 2004
  4. Howie

    Yagil Baskin Guest

    Robert Baer, <>, the incongruous, amoeboid herbal
    tea, and grave digger, incoherently wrote:

    > Never seen ... before.

    > the most i have seen

    > I know nothing about

    > I would guess that

    Says it all really, eh, cuntfungus.

    --
    Registered Linux User: #344402
    Akhenaten: Registered Linux Machine: #235500
    Yagil Baskin, Dec 20, 2004
  5. Howie

    Robert Baer Guest

    Yagil Baskin wrote:

    > Robert Baer, <>, the incongruous, amoeboid herbal
    > tea, and grave digger, incoherently wrote:
    >
    > > Never seen ... before.

    > > the most i have seen

    > > I know nothing about

    > > I would guess that

    > Says it all really, eh, cuntfungus.
    >
    > --
    > Registered Linux User: #344402
    > Akhenaten: Registered Linux Machine: #235500
    > 2.6.8.1-12-i686-smp Dual i686 Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.80GHz GNU/Linux

    ....and your terminology more accurately answers the question?
    Robert Baer, Dec 21, 2004