    --
    First Online Church of "Bob"
    http://www.modemac.com/

    Modemac, Dec 25, 2003

  2. Modemac

    Mark W Guest

    "Modemac" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Once "The Return of the King" is released on video and the Extended
    > Edition DVD has been released, then we know what's going to come next.
    > Yes, it will then be time for the Exquisite Grand Special Limited
    > Edition etc. etc. etc. Deluxe DVD Edition of the Entire "Lord of the
    > Rings," all in one package. Since the current Extended Edition DVDs
    > are already about as thorough and exhaustive as possible, then what
    > more could they add to a boxed set of the entire saga?
    >
    > Of course, a simple boxed package of the three Extended Edition DVDs
    > would be nice, too.
    >
    > --
    > First Online Church of "Bob"
    > http://www.modemac.com/

    a three DVD box set of the original theatrical versions?

    Mark W, Dec 26, 2003

  3. Modemac

    Karl S Guest

    On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 23:31:03 GMT, Modemac <> wrote:

    >Once "The Return of the King" is released on video and the Extended
    >Edition DVD has been released, then we know what's going to come next.
    >Yes, it will then be time for the Exquisite Grand Special Limited
    >Edition etc. etc. etc. Deluxe DVD Edition of the Entire "Lord of the
    >Rings," all in one package. Since the current Extended Edition DVDs
    >are already about as thorough and exhaustive as possible, then what
    >more could they add to a boxed set of the entire saga?

    Director's Cut?

    Karl S, Dec 26, 2003
  4. Modemac

    Justin Guest

    Karl S wrote on [Thu, 25 Dec 2003 18:37:54 -0900]:
    > On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 23:31:03 GMT, Modemac <> wrote:
    >
    >>Once "The Return of the King" is released on video and the Extended
    >>Edition DVD has been released, then we know what's going to come next.
    >>Yes, it will then be time for the Exquisite Grand Special Limited
    >>Edition etc. etc. etc. Deluxe DVD Edition of the Entire "Lord of the
    >>Rings," all in one package. Since the current Extended Edition DVDs
    >>are already about as thorough and exhaustive as possible, then what
    >>more could they add to a boxed set of the entire saga?

    > Director's Cut?

    That's what the EE is.

    Justin, Dec 26, 2003
  5. Modemac

    Brian Barker Guest

    Jackson says in his commentary on the extended editions that he doesn't
    consider them directors cuts, just extended. If I remember correctly he
    called the theatrical cuts directors cuts, and the extended editions just
    that.

    Who knows what will be next. During the commentaries he mentions that not
    all footage of some scenes were included, but I really don't see either
    Fellowship or Towers being made any better or even more comprehensive by any
    more content.
    Brian

    Brian Barker, Dec 26, 2003
  6. Modemac

    nobody Guest

    Well, I love these movies more than any other. But I'll wait for the HD-DVD
    versions before I repurchase.

    I'm sure there will be some type of box-set of all three EE's and perhaps
    some extra goodies thrown in, but I *thought* I read sometime ago that
    Jackson said he would not screw people over this way with yet another
    version.

    -Frank

    nobody, Dec 26, 2003
  7. >Who knows what will be next. During the commentaries he mentions that not
    >all footage of some scenes were included, but I really don't see either
    >Fellowship or Towers being made any better or even more comprehensive by any
    >more content.

    Shooting scenes that they didn't have money for on the original shoot, like
    the orc attack on the river in Fellowship, or the Slime Balrog in Towers?

    Redoing some of the less convincing special effects?

    --

    Monte Castleman, <<Spamfilter in Use>>
    Bloomington, MN to email, remove the "q" from my address

    Monte Castleman, Dec 26, 2003
  8. Modemac

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <>, Monte Castleman
    <> wrote:

    > >Who knows what will be next. During the commentaries he mentions that not
    > >all footage of some scenes were included, but I really don't see either
    > >Fellowship or Towers being made any better or even more comprehensive by any
    > >more content.

    > Shooting scenes that they didn't have money for on the original shoot, like
    > the orc attack on the river in Fellowship, or the Slime Balrog in Towers?
    >
    > Redoing some of the less convincing special effects?

    In the Two Towers commentary Jackson mentions that he could keep
    calling the cast back to shoot more pickup scenes, basicly re-releasing
    new versions of the films every year forever. The writer and producer
    at that point let out mighty groans, yelling that New Line had enough
    money from the movies and that somebody had to stop Jackson before he
    killed everyone :)

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

    Invid Fan, Dec 26, 2003
  9. Modemac

    someone Guest

    On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 00:00:13 -0000, "Mark W" <s@o> posted:

    >"Modemac" <> wrote in message
    >> Once "The Return of the King" is released on video and the Extended
    >> Edition DVD has been released, then we know what's going to come next.
    >> Yes, it will then be time for the Exquisite Grand Special Limited
    >> Edition etc. etc. etc. Deluxe DVD Edition of the Entire "Lord of the
    >> Rings," all in one package. Since the current Extended Edition DVDs
    >> are already about as thorough and exhaustive as possible, then what
    >> more could they add to a boxed set of the entire saga?
    >>
    >> Of course, a simple boxed package of the three Extended Edition DVDs
    >> would be nice, too.
    >>
    >> --
    >> First Online Church of "Bob"
    >> http://www.modemac.com/
    >>

    >a three DVD box set of the original theatrical versions?

    a super extended version with every cut scene put back in?

    someone, Dec 26, 2003
  10. Modemac

    Mark W Guest

    > In the Two Towers commentary Jackson mentions that he could keep
    > calling the cast back to shoot more pickup scenes, basicly re-releasing
    > new versions of the films every year forever. The writer and producer
    > at that point let out mighty groans, yelling that New Line had enough
    > money from the movies and that somebody had to stop Jackson before he
    > killed everyone :)

    Ho ho! I wonder what Christoper Lee would say!!

    Mark W, Dec 26, 2003
  11. Brian Barker wrote:
    > Jackson says in his commentary on the extended editions that he doesn't
    > consider them directors cuts, just extended. If I remember correctly he
    > called the theatrical cuts directors cuts, and the extended editions just
    > that.
    >
    > Who knows what will be next. During the commentaries he mentions that not
    > all footage of some scenes were included, but I really don't see either
    > Fellowship or Towers being made any better or even more comprehensive by any
    > more content.
    > Brian

    Depends on what is meant by "director's cut," some people seem to have
    different meanings. Some people would say the "director's cut" are the
    stuff that the director cut out, so that the extended versions feature
    the director's cut, others would say it's the cut approved by the
    director for theatrical release. Not sure what the official "Hollywood"
    definition of this term is.

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, Dec 26, 2003
  12. Modemac

    Steve K. Guest

    On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 23:31:03 GMT, Modemac <> wrote:

    >>Once "The Return of the King" is released on video and the Extended
    >>Edition DVD has been released, then we know what's going to come next.
    >>Yes, it will then be time for the Exquisite Grand Special Limited
    >>Edition etc. etc. etc. Deluxe DVD Edition of the Entire "Lord of the
    >>Rings," all in one package. Since the current Extended Edition DVDs
    >>are already about as thorough and exhaustive as possible, then what
    >>more could they add to a boxed set of the entire saga?

    I heard Jackson is going to let Lucas redo a special edition. ;-)

    Steve K., Dec 26, 2003
  13. Modemac

    Mark W Guest

    "Steve K." <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 23:31:03 GMT, Modemac <> wrote:
    >

    > >>Once "The Return of the King" is released on video and the Extended
    > >>Edition DVD has been released, then we know what's going to come next.
    > >>Yes, it will then be time for the Exquisite Grand Special Limited
    > >>Edition etc. etc. etc. Deluxe DVD Edition of the Entire "Lord of the
    > >>Rings," all in one package. Since the current Extended Edition DVDs
    > >>are already about as thorough and exhaustive as possible, then what
    > >>more could they add to a boxed set of the entire saga?

    > I heard Jackson is going to let Lucas redo a special edition. ;-)

    The Hobbit could be Jackson's Phantom Menace.

    Mark W, Dec 26, 2003
  14. >Depends on what is meant by "director's cut," some people seem to have
    >different meanings. Some people would say the "director's cut" are the
    >stuff that the director cut out, so that the extended versions feature
    >the director's cut, others would say it's the cut approved by the
    >director for theatrical release. Not sure what the official "Hollywood"
    >definition of this term is.

    The original concept was a director going back and cutting a film the way s/he
    wanted after the original release had been messed with by the studio, for
    example Blade Runner.

    Since then the meaning seems to have been watered down to mean any cut with
    extra/different footage as opposed to the theatrical release.

    Jackson refers to the original meaning when he declines to refer to the
    extended edition as a "directors cut", since he basically got what he wanted
    the first time with the theatrical version. Perhaps one of the reasons the
    movies are so good is that studio interference was kept to a minimum.

    Monte Castleman, Dec 26, 2003
  15. Modemac

    Marbigwobble Guest

    > The Hobbit could be Jackson's Phantom Menace.

    I hear Jar Jar is first in line for the role of Gollum since Dobby couldn't
    play the role because of prior commitments.

    Marbigwobble, Dec 27, 2003
  16. Modemac

    Jay G Guest

    "Marbigwobble" <> wrote in ...

    > > The Hobbit could be Jackson's Phantom Menace.

    > I hear Jar Jar is first in line for the role of Gollum since Dobby

    couldn't
    > play the role because of prior commitments.

    "Dobby? Dobby's a f***ing f*g!"

    -Jay

    Jay G, Dec 27, 2003
  17. Modemac

    Chris McCabe Guest

    "Jay G" <> wrote in message

    > "Marbigwobble" <> wrote in ...
    > >
    > > > The Hobbit could be Jackson's Phantom Menace.

    > > I hear Jar Jar is first in line for the role of Gollum since Dobby

    > couldn't
    > > play the role because of prior commitments.

    > "Dobby? Dobby's a f***ing f*g!"
    >
    > -Jay

    And Jar-Jar isn't?

    :)
    Chris McCabe

    Chris McCabe, Dec 28, 2003
  18. Modemac <> wrote:

    >Once "The Return of the King" is released on video and the Extended
    >Edition DVD has been released, then we know what's going to come next.
    >Yes, it will then be time for the Exquisite Grand Special Limited
    >Edition etc. etc. etc. Deluxe DVD Edition of the Entire "Lord of the
    >Rings," all in one package. Since the current Extended Edition DVDs
    >are already about as thorough and exhaustive as possible, then what
    >more could they add to a boxed set of the entire saga?

    They could add a dvd with deleted sceens. All those that where well
    played but didn't get included for some reason. With Peter Jackson's
    commentary about why they didn't make it - even to the extended cut.

    Peter

    Peter Rongsted, Dec 29, 2003