    holding on for one - huge amounts of willpower required!

    Cheers people,

    Ian G.
    Ian Griffiths, Dec 1, 2003

  2. Ian Griffiths

    Mark McGee Guest

    I have heard rumors that ROTK is supposed to be released in May, but that it
    will probably be just the theatrical release and the extended edition won't
    come out until August or September, which would still be several months
    earlier than the previous two films' release dates.

    "Ian Griffiths" <> wrote in message
    > Yes, this is just me getting moist about the ROTK cinematic release, but

    has

    Mark McGee, Dec 1, 2003

  3. "Mark McGee" <> wrote:

    >I have heard rumors that ROTK is supposed to be released in May, but that it
    >will probably be just the theatrical release and the extended edition won't
    >come out until August or September, which would still be several months
    >earlier than the previous two films' release dates.

    I have somewhere read the same about a May release. Howard Shore is
    scheduled to record the score for the extended edition in March. So it
    must be the theatrical version in May.

    Peter
    Peter Rongsted, Dec 4, 2003
  4. Ian Griffiths

    jpeabody Guest

    "Ian Griffiths" <> wrote in message news:<jINyb.60$>...
    > Yes, this is just me getting moist about the ROTK cinematic release, but has
    > anyone heard:
    >
    > a) whether the DVD releases will come quicker this time around, since the
    > team don't have the next film to work on at the same time as the DVD
    > material?
    >
    > b) whether they'll be a boxset of all the Extended Editions released? I
    > kinda guessed there would be, but has there been any confirmation of this,
    > in interviews with PJ for example? It's probably the only boxset I'd
    > actually want to go out and buy - screw Star Wars ;) KIDDING! I've been
    > holding on for one - huge amounts of willpower required!

    I haven't bought any of the discs so far as I'm guessing that at some
    point there will be some extra-swellegant, leather slipcased,
    universally karmic, diamond-studded, chocolate-covered, double-D,
    Stargate high-score, archival edition of all three movies with about
    25 discs containing everything connected with the films down to the
    second assistant grip's personal snapshots.

    I've never read anything about this sort of thing, and I may be wrong,
    but whenever I've bought a series one piece at a time there invariably
    is a complete set that comes out later with everything and more in a
    nice package. This would certainly be what I'd do if I was in charge.
    jpeabody, Dec 4, 2003
  5. Ian Griffiths

    Wade365 Guest

    << whenever I've bought a series one piece at a time there invariably
    is a complete set that comes out later with everything and more in a
    nice package. >>

    They won't come much finer than the Extended Editions already are... Amazon
    offers sets of sets (like "Friends" seasons 1-4 as one purchase), but it's only
    the retailer's bundling, not the studio's... Jackson has said that these
    editions are pretty well it, when it comes to LOTR trilogy I believe.
    Wade365, Dec 5, 2003