    removing the LOP spyware. Can someone recommend a free spyware program that
    will do this? I'm sorry but I can't remember the name of the software.
    Thanks for any suggestions?
    Guest, Dec 28, 2006

  2. Guest

    William Guest

    <<Scottie>> wrote:
    > I am looking for a free program that was removed from my computer when I had
    > to reformat my computer and reinstall Windows XP home. Somebody in this
    > news-group gave me the link to a spyware program that was excellent at
    > removing the LOP spyware. Can someone recommend a free spyware program that
    > will do this? I'm sorry but I can't remember the name of the software.
    > Thanks for any suggestions?

    Spybot Search and Destroy:

    WH
    William, Dec 28, 2006

  3. Guest

    William Guest

    <<Scottie>> wrote:
    > I have that S&D William, also Ad-Aware SE, and I use them both.

    Update them both, then run MSCONFIG, and select "Diagnostic Startup"
    then full scans in Spybot and Adaware from Safe Mode.

    --
    WH
    William, Dec 28, 2006
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I have that S&D William, also Ad-Aware SE, and I use them both. They say
    that the computer is clean, but I am starting to notice the computer slowing
    down again. I was getting a clean report from these two spyware the last
    time the computer slowed down. It was this spyware program that I am looking
    for that found the LOP spyware on the computer and cleaned it.

    Guest, Dec 28, 2006