    keep the old pc for darling baby girl to use/trash when a bit bigger.
    ta for all adult responses,
    the mink

    themink, Jul 1, 2004

  2. themink

    Pen Guest

    The loose wire is a power cable for a disk drive,
    either a hard disk or a CD. However, there are
    often extra ones, depends on how many drives
    are now installed. Reseat all wires to the hard drive,
    try again.

    "themink" <> wrote in message
    > whilst shifting my old pc something happened and now it doesn't

    boot up, it
    > finds memory, checks for hdd masters and slaves and says

    "none"...when this
    > happened before I found a wire off and all was well on it being

    replaced, no
    > such luck this time. there is a junction box dangling in front

    of me which
    > has a yellow wire then 2 blacks then a red one but I can't find

    a set of 4
    > pins looking like the culprits. am I barking (probably) up the

    wrong tree?
    > only use the old pc cos me scanner won't run under xp (and the

    downloaded
    > drives didn't help) so will prob get a new scanner anyway but

    would like to

    Pen, Jul 1, 2004

  3. themink

    themink Guest