    also shows up on the router's connected devices status.

    Any help, hint, advice most appreciated. I have also asked the question to
    Netgear, but response is awaited.

    =?Utf-8?B?TmF2aWxl?=, Jun 14, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TmF2aWxl?=

    Clark Guest

    I don't know much about WPA, but with WEP you have to have everything the
    same on the router and computer. Use the same word to generate the keys,
    make sure you are using the same key number, and make sure you have it
    enabled on both devices. Do you know if you are using the Windows Wireless
    controller or the one for your wireless card? You may be putting the
    settings in your card's controller when Windows is in charge.

    The wired connection doesn't use the encryption so it is not a factor.

    Clark

    Clark, Jun 14, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TmF2aWxl?=

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Hi

    Encryption is a Wireless thing, when you connect with a Cable it is not part of the
    connection.

    May be this can Help.

    WEP, WPA, and the Future - http://www.ezlan.net/wpa_wep.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP\), Jun 14, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TmF2aWxl?=

    rupert Guest

    "Navile" <> wrote in message
    >I have a Netgear DG834GT ADSL wireless modem/router. I am trying to connect
    > it to a Toshiba Tablet PC with Netgear 511T wireless card. With an open
    > protocol everything works fine, but the moment I put in any encryption
    > either
    > WEP or WPA I loose the Internet connection on the Tablet PC although it
    > gets
    > an IP address (starting with 192.168...) and shows an excellent wireless
    > connection. The router's connected devices list does not show the Tablet
    > PC,
    > despite the excellent connection status on the Tablet PC. Once they are
    > connected with a cable, even with encryption everything works fine and it
    > also shows up on the router's connected devices status.
    >
    > Any help, hint, advice most appreciated. I have also asked the question to
    > Netgear, but response is awaited.

    I have seen this issue many times in Netgear forum groups.
    Try running your wireless connection at 54mbps rather than 108 mbps .
    You can also try updating to the latest firmware which some posters have
    said fixed the problem.

    http://forum1.netgear.com/support/index.php?c=6&sid=7bacaa3eeaa05dce1fe56ffbcebdb62d

    rupert, Jun 14, 2005
  5. Thanks to all of you who helped. I will try these suggestions and hopefully
    something will work.

    =?Utf-8?B?TmF2aWxl?=, Jun 15, 2005