    Is there anyone that can tell me what this is?
    Please!!!
    Thank you
    Tina, Nov 12, 2003

  2. Tina

    Jtyc Guest

    Jtyc, Nov 12, 2003

  3. Tina

    Jtyc Guest

    > 12.0.0.1

    127.0.0.1
    Jtyc, Nov 12, 2003
  4. Tina

    JaR Guest

    12.0.0.1

    Yr Welcome

    JaR, Nov 12, 2003
  5. Tina

    Brat Guest

    lol 12?

    Brat, Nov 13, 2003
  6. Tina

    JaR Guest

    "Jtyc" <> wrote in message
    > > 12.0.0.1

    > 127.0.0.1

    That's what I get for not checking my post before hitting send. Never fails.

    *sigh*

    JaR
    JaR, Nov 13, 2003
  7. Tina

    Jeff Rush Guest

    It is a *Special* reserved address that basically means "This System".
    127.0.0.1

    So if you ping 127.0.0.1 you will be pinging the <LocalHost>. I don't
    believe it even gets to your NIC.

    It is used mostly for testing...

    HTH

    Jeff

    Jeff Rush, Nov 13, 2003
  8. Tina

    Rommel Guest

    LoopBack Addess is to check the Network Status.if there is
    no problem in the the network and it is running smooth the
    u can c the success result.
    Rommel, Nov 13, 2003
  9. Tina

    Tina Guest

    Lots of kisses from Tina

    ism=loopback+address&type=1

    Tina, Nov 13, 2003
  10. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Nov 13, 2003
  11. Tina

    Jtyc Guest

    > Lots of kisses from Tina

    *blushes*
    Jtyc, Nov 13, 2003
  12. Tina

    Fred Guest

    your ip protocol stack on your local machine is funtioning
    properly. So for example, if you could not ping an ip
    address of a remote host (computer) there could be a
    problem with your network, cable, etc. or the ip protocol
    stack of your machine. Pinging 127.0.0.1 will at least
    tell you that the stack is working properly on your
    machine.
    Fred, Nov 14, 2003
  13. Tina

    Yoshi Guest

    On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 09:39:04 -0800, "Fred"
    <> wrote:

    > Pinging 127.0.0.1 will at least
    >tell you that the stack is working properly on your
    >machine.

    AND that the network card is working AND that the driver is working.

    Yoshi
    Yoshi, Nov 26, 2003