Looks like M$ wants to patent the smiley face.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Mutley, Jul 26, 2005.

  1. Mutley

    Mutley Guest

    Mutley, Jul 26, 2005

  2. Mutley

    Mercury Guest

    What an excellent idea!!!!!!!!

    This is brilliant!

    How many of these smiley web sites are nothing more than distribution points
    for spyware. Patent smileys and get rid of many spyware sources in one go.
    Brilliant.

    Good riddance to spyware.

    Mercury, Jul 26, 2005

  3. Mutley

    Peter Guest

    Peter, Jul 26, 2005
  4. On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 19:07:41 +1200, someone purporting to be Mutley didst
    scrawl:

    > Hope the link works..
    >
    > It's a long url.

    *SNIP*
    Might I suggest that you acquaint yourself with http://tinyurl.com ?

    --
    Matthew Poole
    "Don't use force. Get a bigger hammer."

    Matthew Poole, Jul 26, 2005
    <tpf>

    @üJepted practice" is to provide both the source and a tiny. You can see t
    >you are being taken initially than not.

    "Accepted practice" is to provide both the source and a tiny. You can see
    the original and go there easily. Relies on people's honesty and ability
    to get it right of course :)

    Bruce

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, Jul 26, 2005
  6. Mutley

    Tim Guest

    Tinyurl obscures the actual url so can be used to dupe people into going to
    a site that they otherwise have decided never to visit due to spyware,
    offensive content, personal choice or whatever.

    It is regarded as better these days to see the long ugly url and know where

    Tim, Jul 26, 2005
  7. Mutley

    Tim Guest

    > "Accepted practice" is to provide both the source and a tiny. You can see
    > the original and go there easily. Relies on people's honesty and ability
    > to get it right of course :)

    true.

    Tim, Jul 27, 2005