    Its looks like easy question for MCSE: How to configure
    IE5.5 browser use two or more proxy
    servers ???

    MS, Nov 5, 2003

  2. MS

    Herb Martin Guest

    The only way that I know to do this is to use Group Policies
    linked to Sites.

    Presumably you wish to configure more than one Proxy since
    the machine will be in different locations.

    The other choice (that comes close) is to have the machine discover
    the Proxy it is supposed to use.

    --
    Herb Martin

    Herb Martin, Nov 5, 2003

  3. MS

    Guest Guest

    Thanks for this answer, but this solution can't help me.
    I need to use 2 proxy servers at same time, if i wanna
    open www.microsoft.com, client browser connects to
    first.proxy.com:8000 and then this server connects to
    second.proxy.com:80.
    Looks like
    PC>first.proxy.com>second.proxy.com>www.mirosoft.com
    I need to configure this without changig proxy SERVER
    settings.

    Guest, Nov 5, 2003
  4. MS

    Jeremy Guest

    You would change the settings on first.proxy.com to use second.proxy.com.
    IE can only talk to one proxy. If your trying to share bandwidth I'd
    recommend a proxy server with load balancing. third.proxy.com delegates
    traffic to first or second depending on traffic, available bandwidth and ACL
    settings.

    --

    Jeremy Kettelhohn

    Jeremy, Nov 5, 2003
  5. <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for this answer, but this solution can't help me.
    > I need to use 2 proxy servers at same time, if i wanna
    > open www.microsoft.com, client browser connects to
    > first.proxy.com:8000 and then this server connects to
    > second.proxy.com:80.
    > Looks like
    > PC>first.proxy.com>second.proxy.com>www.mirosoft.com
    > I need to configure this without changig proxy SERVER

    You would only need the client to connect to the first proxy, so your client
    settings would show only that. You would configure proxy1 to foward to
    proxy2.

    Are you talking about having a DMZ?

    Karl \Johnno\ Gustaf, Nov 5, 2003
  6. MS

    Herb Martin Guest

    > Thanks for this answer, but this solution can't help me.
    > I need to use 2 proxy servers at same time, if i wanna
    > open www.microsoft.com, client browser connects to
    > first.proxy.com:8000 and then this server connects to
    > second.proxy.com:80.
    > Looks like
    > PC>first.proxy.com>second.proxy.com>www.mirosoft.com
    > I need to configure this without changig proxy SERVER
    > settings.

    That is a different question than you originally asked....

    In this case the "clients" only know abou the first Proxy and then
    that Proxy CHAINS to (becomes a client of) the Second Proxy.

    It's called 'chaining' or 'proxy chaining' and should work just fine with
    MS Proxy (ISA) but you will have to test.

    --
    Herb Martin

    Herb Martin, Nov 6, 2003