    is, considering both discs are still available from them individually. I
    don't really expect I'll get much out of it though. Sorta pisses me off as
    when the order was placed, it wasn't noted as not being in stock.
    Jim, Dec 30, 2004

  2. Jim

    Stan Brown Guest

    "Jim" wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > Sorta pisses me off as
    >when the order was placed, it wasn't noted as not being in stock.

    We _did_ try to warn you.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    "Don't move, or I'll fill you full of [... pause ...] little
    yellow bolts of light." -- Farscape, first episode
    Stan Brown, Dec 30, 2004

  3. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Stan Brown <> wrote in

    > We _did_ try to warn you.

    First time I've ever had a problem with them...if they make good on it,
    I'll be happy. If not, I won't order from them again.
    Jim, Dec 30, 2004
  4. Jim

    Justin Guest

    Jim wrote on [Thu, 30 Dec 2004 16:48:28 GMT]:
    > Stan Brown <> wrote in
    >
    >> We _did_ try to warn you.

    > First time I've ever had a problem with them...if they make good on it,
    > I'll be happy. If not, I won't order from them again.

    It may take a little longer than with other stores, but they should
    eventually make good on it.
    Justin, Dec 30, 2004
  5. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Justin <> wrote in

    > It may take a little longer than with other stores, but they should
    > eventually make good on it.

    Doesn't look like it...just got this email:

    Thank you for contacting DeepDiscountDVD.com!

    We regret to inform you that the title DVD : BLAZING SADDLES/CADDY you
    requested, is discontinued and no longer available. However, in some cases
    they may be reissued at a later date. If the item is reissued, you will
    find it on our site at that time.
    =================================

    Odd that the 2-pack of Anniversary edition discs ISN'T available but you
    can buy them SEPERATELY.
    Jim, Dec 30, 2004
  6. Jim

    Biz Guest

    If they fix the error, then I guess they didnt screw you, but just made an
    error, which happens to everyone. Address teh problem like an adult and you
    will probably not have any trouble getting it resolved.

    Biz, Dec 30, 2004
  7. Jim

    Jim Guest

    "Biz" <> wrote in

    > If they fix the error, then I guess they didnt screw you, but just
    > made an error, which happens to everyone. Address teh problem like an
    > adult and you will probably not have any trouble getting it resolved.

    And maybe not (see my other reply)....I simply asked what the story was on
    the missing item, you can read their reply in the other post. Zero
    consideration on their part. And like I said, I've been 100% happy with
    them in the past so it's not like I had an axe to grind.
    Jim, Dec 30, 2004
  8. Jim

    Dave Garrett Guest

    In article <Xns95CFAF9845A39FalseToken@207.69.189.191>,
    says...
    > "Biz" <> wrote in

    > > If they fix the error, then I guess they didnt screw you, but just
    > > made an error, which happens to everyone. Address teh problem like an
    > > adult and you will probably not have any trouble getting it resolved.

    > And maybe not (see my other reply)....I simply asked what the story was on
    > the missing item, you can read their reply in the other post. Zero
    > consideration on their part. And like I said, I've been 100% happy with
    > them in the past so it's not like I had an axe to grind.

    How, exactly, did you get "phuked"? Was your credit card charged for an
    item you failed to receive? Every time I've placed an order with DDD, my
    card wasn't hit until the discs shipped. If this actually did happen to
    you, I have trouble believing you wouldn't be promptly credited for the
    difference if you contacted customer service and requested such a
    credit.

    If your card didn't get charged, and you're simply complaining that one
    item out of what you described as a fairly substantial order happened to
    be out of stock, so what? Yeah, they could've probably updated the
    website to reflect that a bit quicker and/or notified you in a more
    timely fashion, but considering the huge discounts you realized on the
    rest of the order, if that's the only problem you had it sure seems like
    a pretty minor one from where I sit.

    I'm quite willing to tolerate an occasional glitch from online vendors
    in exchange for, well, deep discounts, but everyone has a different
    threshold as to what they'll put up with in the quest for the best deal.
    Those who expect flawless, highly-responsive customer service can
    generally also expect to pay the overhead for it in the form of higher
    prices.

    <cue the usual DDD-bashers>

    Dave
    Dave Garrett, Dec 30, 2004
  9. Jim

    Jay G. Guest

    On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 21:22:01 GMT, Jim wrote:
    > We regret to inform you that the title DVD : BLAZING SADDLES/CADDY you
    > requested, is discontinued and no longer available. However, in some cases
    > they may be reissued at a later date. If the item is reissued, you will
    > find it on our site at that time.
    > =================================
    >
    > Odd that the 2-pack of Anniversary edition discs ISN'T available but you
    > can buy them SEPERATELY.

    Not really. The two pack is a special packaging of the two films from the
    distributor. It's feasible that a special packaging could go discontinued
    while the individual components are still available.

    Would you even want the two pack? I'd imaging it'd have the older Blazing
    Saddles DVD and not the newer 30th Anniversary Edition.

    -Jay
    Jay G., Dec 31, 2004
  10. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Dave Garrett <> wrote in

    > Was your credit card charged for
    > an item you failed to receive?

    Nope, it wasn't charged

    > If your card didn't get charged, and you're simply complaining that
    > one item out of what you described as a fairly substantial order
    > happened to be out of stock, so what?

    Jeez, I don't know...maybe advertising a big sale and not having the
    merchandise available.

    > <cue the usual DDD-bashers>

    Yeah, cue em up....do a quick google my friend and see if I fall in that
    category.
    Jim, Dec 31, 2004
  11. Jim

    Jim Guest

    "Jay G." <> wrote in

    > Would you even want the two pack? I'd imaging it'd have the older
    > Blazing Saddles DVD and not the newer 30th Anniversary Edition.

    The listing they had on their website for the 2-pack showed the anniversary
    editions, which is why I placed the order. I already have the first Blazing
    Saddles issue and wanted to replace it with the new release.

    I'm wondering if they didn't realize they screwed up by picturing the
    anniversary editions when they might have been trying to unload the older
    issues.
    Jim, Dec 31, 2004
  12. Jim

    Mike Kohary Guest

    Jim wrote:
    > Justin <> wrote in
    >
    >> It may take a little longer than with other stores, but they should
    >> eventually make good on it.

    > Doesn't look like it...just got this email:

    > Thank you for contacting DeepDiscountDVD.com!
    >
    > We regret to inform you that the title DVD : BLAZING SADDLES/CADDY
    > you requested, is discontinued and no longer available. However, in
    > some cases they may be reissued at a later date. If the item is
    > reissued, you will find it on our site at that time.
    > =================================

    As long as they didn't charge you for it, seems to me the issue is resolved.
    Disappointing, I know, but they simply ran out. It happens.

    > Odd that the 2-pack of Anniversary edition discs ISN'T available but
    > you can buy them SEPERATELY.

    It's not odd. The studio releases individual editions as well as two-packs.
    Typically these are separate releases with different SKUs, and apparently
    they've stopped producing the two-pack.

    Mike Kohary, Dec 31, 2004
  13. Jim

    Stan Brown Guest

    "Mike Kohary" wrote in alt.video.dvd:

    >As long as they didn't charge you for it, seems to me the issue is resolved.
    >Disappointing, I know, but they simply ran out. It happens.

    Mike, I think you're too forgiving here.

    When you place an order at retailer X, you don't place it at retailer
    Y or Z. If retailer X lies about having the item in stock, by the
    time you find out it was a lie retailer Y and retailer Z may be out
    of stock as well -- but if retailer X had told the truth up front
    then you would have been in time to order from retailer Y or retailer
    Z while they still had product to ship.

    If you consider it excusable to not update inventory in real time (I
    don't), at least there is non excuse for not sending a notice the
    next time the two systems are brought into synch, which should be
    within no more than 2 hours.

    Note that the OP said DDDVD _never_ notified him there was a problem,
    it just quietly removed the item from his order. If DDDVD had told
    him the truth when he placed the order, or at least within the next
    24 hours, he might well have been able to obtain what he wanted from
    another retailer.

    Stan Brown, Dec 31, 2004
  14. Jim

    Mike Kohary Guest

    Stan Brown wrote:
    > "Mike Kohary" wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    >>
    >> As long as they didn't charge you for it, seems to me the issue is
    >> resolved. Disappointing, I know, but they simply ran out. It
    >> happens.

    > Mike, I think you're too forgiving here.
    >
    > When you place an order at retailer X, you don't place it at retailer
    > Y or Z. If retailer X lies about having the item in stock, by the
    > time you find out it was a lie retailer Y and retailer Z may be out
    > of stock as well -- but if retailer X had told the truth up front
    > then you would have been in time to order from retailer Y or retailer
    > Z while they still had product to ship.
    >
    > If you consider it excusable to not update inventory in real time (I
    > don't), at least there is non excuse for not sending a notice the
    > next time the two systems are brought into synch, which should be
    > within no more than 2 hours.

    I'm not forgiving or excusing anything. I'm just being pragmatic. It sucks
    that it happened, but this is the way it is. I don't think they
    intentionally lied, either, they just made a mistake. Either way, the issue
    is resolved.

    Mike Kohary, Dec 31, 2004
  15. Stan Brown <> wrote in

    > If you consider it excusable to not update inventory in real time (I
    > don't), at least there is non excuse for not sending a notice the
    > next time the two systems are brought into synch, which should be
    > within no more than 2 hours.
    >
    > Note that the OP said DDDVD _never_ notified him there was a problem,
    > it just quietly removed the item from his order. If DDDVD had told
    > him the truth when he placed the order, or at least within the next
    > 24 hours, he might well have been able to obtain what he wanted from
    > another retailer.

    And yet, somehow, life goes on...

    I agree, it sucks. But, no one has ever recommended DDD as retailer to
    go to when it's critical to get an item on time, or even at all. Their
    stock isn't the best and their shipping isn't the fastest. Retailers do
    run out of things, and I wouldn't expect any store to have an infinite
    supply of anything, regardless of their markup.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.dvdverdict.com
    Aaron J. Bossig, Dec 31, 2004
  16. Jim

    Dave Garrett Guest

    In article <Xns95CFCE93055A9FalseToken@207.69.189.191>,
    says...
    > Dave Garrett <> wrote in

    > > <cue the usual DDD-bashers>

    > Yeah, cue em up....do a quick google my friend and see if I fall in that
    > category.

    I wasn't putting you in that category. But people seem to pile on every
    time someone criticizes DDD, no matter how minor the complaint. Which is
    fine, as while they're busy bitching, I'll happily keep ordering
    expensive box sets for >40% off MSRP every time they have one of their
    sales.

    Dave
    Dave Garrett, Dec 31, 2004
  17. Jim

    Justin Guest

    Jim wrote on [Thu, 30 Dec 2004 21:22:01 GMT]:
    > Justin <> wrote in
    >
    >> It may take a little longer than with other stores, but they should
    >> eventually make good on it.

    > Doesn't look like it...just got this email:

    > Thank you for contacting DeepDiscountDVD.com!
    >
    > We regret to inform you that the title DVD : BLAZING SADDLES/CADDY you
    > requested, is discontinued and no longer available. However, in some cases
    > they may be reissued at a later date. If the item is reissued, you will
    > find it on our site at that time.
    > =================================
    >
    > Odd that the 2-pack of Anniversary edition discs ISN'T available but you
    > can buy them SEPERATELY.

    And this is something they can control how? It doesn't matter if they
    are available seperately. The item you ordered is no longer available to
    them.

    Did they charge you for it?
    Justin, Dec 31, 2004
  18. Jim

    Justin Guest

    Jim wrote on [Thu, 30 Dec 2004 22:15:55 GMT]:
    > "Biz" <> wrote in
    >
    >> If they fix the error, then I guess they didnt screw you, but just
    >> made an error, which happens to everyone. Address teh problem like an
    >> adult and you will probably not have any trouble getting it resolved.

    > And maybe not (see my other reply)....I simply asked what the story was on
    > the missing item, you can read their reply in the other post. Zero
    > consideration on their part. And like I said, I've been 100% happy with
    > them in the past so it's not like I had an axe to grind.

    Were you charged for an item you didn't receive?
    Justin, Dec 31, 2004
  19. Jim

    Justin Guest

    Jim wrote on [Fri, 31 Dec 2004 01:18:27 GMT]:
    > Dave Garrett <> wrote in
    >
    >> Was your credit card charged for
    >> an item you failed to receive?

    > Nope, it wasn't charged
    >

    >> If your card didn't get charged, and you're simply complaining that
    >> one item out of what you described as a fairly substantial order
    >> happened to be out of stock, so what?

    > Jeez, I don't know...maybe advertising a big sale and not having the
    > merchandise available.

    And how exactly is this fucked?

    I dunno, I went to the after xmas sales and the one item advertised in
    their big sales weren't in stock. Shit, maybe I was phucked.
    Justin, Dec 31, 2004
  20. Jim

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <Xns95CFCE93055A9FalseToken@207.69.189.191>, Jim
    <> wrote:

    > Dave Garrett <> wrote in
    >
    > > Was your credit card charged for
    > > an item you failed to receive?

    > Nope, it wasn't charged
    >

    > > If your card didn't get charged, and you're simply complaining that
    > > one item out of what you described as a fairly substantial order
    > > happened to be out of stock, so what?

    > Jeez, I don't know...maybe advertising a big sale and not having the
    > merchandise available.

    Happens all the time, especially given this was a general sale on all
    items in the store. The odds that everything will be in stock are very
    low. Hell, it may have been in stock when you placed the order, but
    when they started filling shipments they ran out before they got to
    you. At least you didn't drive around looking for a copy mentioned in
    newspaper ads only to find everyone was out (the paper having a
    disclaimer of first come, first serve).

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS
    Invid Fan, Dec 31, 2004