LOOKOUT, IT'S THE TOTALLY DIGITAL D60!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Annika1980, Apr 28, 2008.

  1. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Apr 28, 2008

  2. Annika1980

    Helen Guest

    On Apr 27, 8:31 pm, Annika1980 <> wrote:
    > That would be the Totally Digital INFRARED D60, dontcha know!

    Beautiful tones and contrasts that only IR can give! Good balance
    between the foreground and the background. With the cars mirror in
    sight, this could be a great example for the upcoming SI "point of
    view".
    Stunning work Bret!
    Helen
    Helen, Apr 28, 2008

  3. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Apr 27, 8:43 pm, frederick <> wrote:

    > >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/96249811/original

    > Did you do an IR conversion using a filter from LifePixel?
    > I want to convert my old dslr, but I'm not happy with the US$145 & $40
    > freight per filter cost.

    LifePixel converted my D60 to infrared.
    Annika1980, Apr 28, 2008
  4. Annika1980

    Draco Guest

    On Apr 27, 8:31 pm, Annika1980 <> wrote:
    > That would be the Totally Digital INFRARED D60, dontcha know!

    Being in the right place at the right time is what is needed to get
    that one great shot. Weither it is in IR, color or B&W, knowing your
    subject or location is what gets the shot.

    Good going Bret.

    Draco
    Draco, Apr 28, 2008
  5. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Apr 28, 9:35 am, Draco <> wrote:

    > >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/96249811/original

    > Being in the right place at the right time is what is needed to get
    > that one great shot. Weither it is in IR, color or B&W, knowing your
    > subject or location is what gets the shot.

    I can't tell you how many hours I've spent standing at the right
    place, but at the wrong time.
    Annika1980, Apr 28, 2008
  6. Annika1980

    m II Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:

    > I can't tell you how many hours I've spent standing at the right
    > place, but at the wrong time.

    Getting charged with prostitution happens all the time, you cross
    dressing pervert. They weren't singling YOU out of the crowd, despite
    what your bloated ego tells you.

    Stolen any more pictures lately?

    mike
    m II, Apr 28, 2008
  7. Annika1980

    Matt Ion Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:
    > On Apr 27, 8:43 pm, frederick <> wrote:
    >>> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/96249811/original

    >> Did you do an IR conversion using a filter from LifePixel?
    >> I want to convert my old dslr, but I'm not happy with the US$145 & $40
    >> freight per filter cost.

    > LifePixel converted my D60 to infrared.

    I'm looking at blowing a tax refund on a 40D... maybe I should send
    these guys my Digital Rebel :)
    Matt Ion, Apr 28, 2008
  8. Annika1980

    Draco Guest

    On Apr 28, 9:55 am, Annika1980 <> wrote:
    > On Apr 28, 9:35 am, Draco <> wrote:
    >

    > > >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/96249811/original

    > > Being in the right place at the right time is what is needed to get
    > > that one great shot. Weither it is in IR, color or B&W, knowing your
    > > subject or location is what gets the shot.

    > I can't tell you how many hours I've spent standing at the right
    > place, but at the wrong time.

    I agree. There are lots of times when I drive by a place and the
    weather is wrong or the time of day is wrong or ect. ect.
    It takes perseverance to find and be at the right place at the right
    time. OR just plain dumb luck as noted by Doug McDonald.hehe Had a few
    of those myself. But no camera was involved.hehe

    Draco
    Draco, Apr 28, 2008
  9. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Apr 28, 9:59 am, wrote:
    > Annika1980 wrote:
    >
    > > I can't tell you how many hours I've spent standing at the right
    > > place, but at the wrong time.

    > Ans some people just happen to drive by Hernandez NM at exactly the
    > correct time!

    One of the great joys in photography is when the photo comes to you
    rather than going to it. Almost all of my better shots happened when
    I was out trying to shoot something else. (I'm talking more about
    wildlife than landscape photography, here.) With landscapes you just
    have to go when the light is right so that isn't much of a challenge.
    The thing I like most about shooting infrared is that it works best
    when the sun is high in the sky, usually the worst time for
    conventional photography.

    What I was talking about earlier was staking out the perfect flower
    for hours, hoping that a hummingbird would hit it. Or hoping that
    elusive Kingfisher will land on that one stump in the water with the
    perfect background. Or setting up on that stormy sky and trying to
    time the lightning. Those are the shots that are hard to get, but
    yield the most satisfaction to me.

    I guess what I'm saying is that anybody can take a pic of Mt.
    Rushmore, The Grand Canyon, Yosemite, or birds on a feeder. Getting
    the unique photo is the ultimate challenge. Now excuse me while I go
    work on my infrared macro stereograms taken at night.
    Annika1980, Apr 28, 2008
  10. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Apr 28, 12:39 pm, m II <> wrote:

    > Stolen any more pictures lately?
    >
    > mike

    Kissed any asses, lately?
    Annika1980, Apr 28, 2008
  11. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Apr 28, 12:45 pm, Matt Ion <> wrote:

    > > LifePixel converted my D60 to infrared.

    > I'm looking at blowing a tax refund on a 40D... maybe I should send
    > these guys my Digital Rebel :)

    Why not? It's a good way to get use out of a camera that will
    otherwise sit on a shelf gathering dust.
    Annika1980, Apr 28, 2008
  12. Annika1980

    m II Guest

    nntp.dsl.pipex.com wrote:

    > Helen <> wrote:
    >
    >> Stunning work Bret!
    >> Helen
    >>

    > God, you are so sickening. If he took a pic of a black wall at
    > midnight you'd think it was stunning too.

    Stop it. You are hurting the cross dressing pervert's feelings. The
    deviant has multiple female personae here.

    'He' also steals other's work and passes it off as his own. I know this,
    because he did this to me. It was a Christmas Manger Scene, of all things.

    No class whatever.

    mike
    m II, Apr 28, 2008
  13. Annika1980

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Rita Berkowitz <> wrote:
    >Matt Ion wrote:

    >>> LifePixel converted my D60 to infrared.

    >> I'm looking at blowing a tax refund on a 40D... maybe I should send
    >> these guys my Digital Rebel :)

    >You would be better off getting a used D70 since it has less noise and

    You've blown your credibility, troll.

    --
    Ray Fischer
    Ray Fischer, Apr 29, 2008
  14. Annika1980

    Matt Ion Guest

    Rita Berkowitz wrote:
    > Matt Ion wrote:
    >
    >>> LifePixel converted my D60 to infrared.

    >> I'm looking at blowing a tax refund on a 40D... maybe I should send
    >> these guys my Digital Rebel :)

    > You would be better off getting a used D70 since it has less noise and
    > sharper images than the 40D.

    It also won't work with my existing collection of Canon lenses, flashes,
    and accessories.
    Matt Ion, Apr 29, 2008
  15. Annika1980

    Matt Ion Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:
    > On Apr 28, 12:45 pm, Matt Ion <> wrote:
    >>> LifePixel converted my D60 to infrared.

    >> I'm looking at blowing a tax refund on a 40D... maybe I should send
    >> these guys my Digital Rebel :)

    > Why not? It's a good way to get use out of a camera that will
    > otherwise sit on a shelf gathering dust.

    Well, I have a potential buyer for it... waiting to see what she'll
    offer, whether I decide to sell it or convert it :)
    Matt Ion, Apr 29, 2008
  16. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Apr 28, 11:09 pm, (Ray Fischer) wrote:
    > Rita Berkowitz <> wrote:
    >
    > >You would be better off getting a used D70 since it has less noise and

    > You've blown your credibility, troll.

    What credibility? Surely, nobody believes any of Rita's bullshit.
    Annika1980, Apr 29, 2008
  17. Annika1980

    Alan Browne Guest

    Ray Fischer wrote:
    > Rita Berkowitz <> wrote:

    >>> I'm looking at blowing a tax refund on a 40D... maybe I should send
    >>> these guys my Digital Rebel :)

    >> You would be better off getting a used D70 since it has less noise and

    > You've blown your credibility, troll.

    Ray,

    I'm sure you didn't mean to say the above.

    For someone to blow their credibility they have to have credibility in
    the first place.

    Cheers,
    Alan
    Alan Browne, Apr 29, 2008
  18. Annika1980

    measekite Guest

    Rita Berkowitz wrote:

    >>> Maybe it's time to sell off those unwanted accessories and go
    >>> totally Nikon? With Nikon you will get better lenses as well as a
    >>> superior flash system. The good thing is with Nikon you can always
    >>> use these items on any future Canon dSLR body. If you must stick
    >>> with Canon you should get the 1D Mk III and skip the 40D as it
    >>> hasn't been perfected yet.
    >>>

    >> Sorta like "Monkey Boy" claiming that Vista is a "work in progress",
    >> eh 'Rita'?

    > What's Vista?

    Boy you are lucky Frankie Crankie hehehe..LOL! did not rip you up for
    that one. I think the moron would not like that.

    measekite, Apr 30, 2008
  19. Annika1980

    Matt Ion Guest

    Rita Berkowitz wrote:

    >>> You would be better off getting a used D70 since it has less noise
    >>> and sharper images than the 40D.

    >> It also won't work with my existing collection of Canon lenses,
    >> flashes, and accessories.

    > Maybe it's time to sell off those unwanted accessories and go totally
    > Nikon?

    If they were unwanted, I'd do that. They're not.

    > With Nikon you will get better lenses as well as a superior flash system.
    > The good thing is with Nikon you can always use these items on any future
    > Canon dSLR body. If you must stick with Canon you should get the 1D Mk III
    > and skip the 40D as it hasn't been perfected yet.

    I'd love to... you gonna cover the price difference? Because you know,
    $4700 vs $1300 is just a WEE LITTLE bit more, and since the tax refund
    is just about $1300, well, that kinda makes that decision for me,
    doesn't it?

    But hey, if you'll pay the overage, why should I stop with a 1D-III?
    Why not just go to the 1Ds-III?? Got an extra $7G's to send me??
    Matt Ion, Apr 30, 2008
  20. Annika1980

    Matt Ion Guest

    Rita Berkowitz wrote:

    >>> Maybe it's time to sell off those unwanted accessories and go
    >>> totally Nikon? With Nikon you will get better lenses as well as a
    >>> superior flash system. The good thing is with Nikon you can always
    >>> use these items on any future Canon dSLR body. If you must stick
    >>> with Canon you should get the 1D Mk III and skip the 40D as it
    >>> hasn't been perfected yet.
    >>>

    >> Sorta like "Monkey Boy" claiming that Vista is a "work in progress",
    >> eh 'Rita'?

    > What's Vista?

    What's Nikon?
    Matt Ion, Apr 30, 2008