    Thought the posting was worth a try.
    Thanks
    Joe

    up for the game, Jul 1, 2007

  2. up for the game

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "up for the game" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Sounds a bit goofy, but, when trying to block the number I am calling
    > from, some phone number don't want to hear it and the call will not
    > complete.
    > Sometimes privacy is a good thing and sometimes the reason is not
    > explainable...
    > This would be especially valuable from the verizon cell phone.
    > Thought the posting was worth a try.

    Twit. If you are calling legitmately, stop blocking.
    Telemarketers/unsolicited callers should be shot. Immediately. No trial, no
    nothing. Just shot. Just like spammers.

    WhzzKdd, Jul 1, 2007

  3. up for the game

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 10:25:49 -0700, "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid>
    wrote:

    >"up for the game" <> wrote in message
    >> Sounds a bit goofy, but, when trying to block the number I am calling
    >> from, some phone number don't want to hear it and the call will not
    >> complete.
    >> Sometimes privacy is a good thing and sometimes the reason is not
    >> explainable...
    >> This would be especially valuable from the verizon cell phone.
    >> Thought the posting was worth a try.
    >>

    >Twit. If you are calling legitmately, stop blocking.
    >Telemarketers/unsolicited callers should be shot. Immediately. No trial, no
    >nothing. Just shot. Just like spammers.

    No. That takes them out WAY too quickly. It should be as slow and as painful as
    possible.

    --
    Should Redmond fall, I imagine a brief period of panic when everyone
    finds out they can't call Microsoft for support any more, followed by

    Mara, Jul 2, 2007
  4. up for the game

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Mara" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 10:25:49 -0700, "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>"up for the game" <> wrote in message
    >>> Sounds a bit goofy, but, when trying to block the number I am calling
    >>> from, some phone number don't want to hear it and the call will not
    >>> complete.
    >>> Sometimes privacy is a good thing and sometimes the reason is not
    >>> explainable...
    >>> This would be especially valuable from the verizon cell phone.
    >>> Thought the posting was worth a try.
    >>>

    >>Twit. If you are calling legitmately, stop blocking.
    >>Telemarketers/unsolicited callers should be shot. Immediately. No trial,
    >>no
    >>nothing. Just shot. Just like spammers.

    > No. That takes them out WAY too quickly. It should be as slow and as
    > painful as
    > possible.

    Okay - shoot them in both hands. That'll stop the dialing and typing while
    they bleed out.

    WhzzKdd, Jul 2, 2007
  5. up for the game

    tom Guest

    > Sounds a bit goofy, but, when trying to block the number I am calling
    > from, some phone number don't want to hear it and the call will not
    > complete.
    > Sometimes privacy is a good thing and sometimes the reason is not
    > explainable...
    > This would be especially valuable from the verizon cell phone.
    > Thought the posting was worth a try.
    > Thanks
    > Joe

    I block all "Out of Area, Toll Free, Unknown and Unavailable" calls with
    http://www.beiley.com/acallerid/index.html .

    tom, Jul 2, 2007
  6. Mara wrote:
    > On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 10:25:49 -0700, "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid>
    > wrote:

    >>Twit. If you are calling legitmately, stop blocking.
    >>Telemarketers/unsolicited callers should be shot. Immediately. No trial, no
    >>nothing. Just shot. Just like spammers.

    > No. That takes them out WAY too quickly. It should be as slow and as painful as
    > possible.

    Arrrr! Bring out the rack.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 2, 2007
  7. WhzzKdd wrote:
    > "Mara" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 10:25:49 -0700, "WhzzKdd"
    >> <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote:

    >>>Twit. If you are calling legitmately, stop blocking.
    >>>Telemarketers/unsolicited callers should be shot. Immediately. No
    >>>trial, no nothing. Just shot. Just like spammers.

    >> No. That takes them out WAY too quickly. It should be as slow and as
    >> painful as possible.

    > Okay - shoot them in both hands. That'll stop the dialing and typing
    > while they bleed out.

    Wait. The we that there is none of could benefit mankind TWO ways with
    this. Sloooooowly skin the spammers. Tan their hides. Use the
    resultant material to line a...er...line of tinfoil hats. Those hats
    have to be uncomfortable in hot weather, with metal on skin. The
    perfect solution: spammerskin linings -- or at least sweat bands.

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 2, 2007
  8. up for the game

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > WhzzKdd wrote:
    >> "Mara" <> wrote in message

    >>> No. That takes them out WAY too quickly. It should be as slow and as
    >>> painful as possible.

    >> Okay - shoot them in both hands. That'll stop the dialing and typing
    >> while they bleed out.

    > Wait. The we that there is none of could benefit mankind TWO ways with
    > this. Sloooooowly skin the spammers. Tan their hides. Use the
    > resultant material to line a...er...line of tinfoil hats. Those hats
    > have to be uncomfortable in hot weather, with metal on skin. The
    > perfect solution: spammerskin linings -- or at least sweat bands.

    Ooohh - and they don't even need to be dead during skinning - what a great
    concept <g>

    You sharks are SO wonderfully evil :)

    WhzzKdd, Jul 2, 2007
  9. WhzzKdd wrote:
    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> WhzzKdd wrote:
    >>> "Mara" <> wrote in message

    >>> Okay - shoot them in both hands. That'll stop the dialing and typing
    >>> while they bleed out.

    >> Wait. The we that there is none of could benefit mankind TWO ways
    >> with this. Sloooooowly skin the spammers. Tan their hides. Use the
    >> resultant material to line a...er...line of tinfoil hats. Those hats
    >> have to be uncomfortable in hot weather, with metal on skin. The
    >> perfect solution: spammerskin linings -- or at least sweat bands.
    >>

    > Ooohh - and they don't even need to be dead during skinning - what a
    > great

    Right -- that's why I said "sloooooowly" -- I wasn't just trying to pick
    up some overtime. ;)

    > concept <g>
    >
    > You sharks are SO wonderfully evil :)

    <small, tasteful bow>

    Oh, and we could impale them first -- that'd also hold them in place
    while we flayed them.

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 2, 2007
  10. up for the game

    > WhzzKdd wrote:
    >> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> Wait. The we that there is none of could benefit mankind TWO ways
    >>> with this. Sloooooowly skin the spammers. Tan their hides. Use the
    >>> resultant material to line a...er...line of tinfoil hats. Those hats
    >>> have to be uncomfortable in hot weather, with metal on skin. The
    >>> perfect solution: spammerskin linings -- or at least sweat bands.
    >>>

    >> Ooohh - and they don't even need to be dead during skinning - what a
    >> great

    > Right -- that's why I said "sloooooowly" -- I wasn't just trying to pick
    > up some overtime. ;)
    >
    >> concept <g>
    >>
    >> You sharks are SO wonderfully evil :)

    > <small, tasteful bow>
    >
    > Oh, and we could impale them first -- that'd also hold them in place
    > while we flayed them.

    Especially the GG spammers <BEG>

    WhzzKdd, Jul 2, 2007
  11. up for the game

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 18:00:07 -0700, "WhzzKdd"
    <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote:

    >You sharks are SO wonderfully evil :)

    Not always...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J65yRvN8DPs

    Evan Platt, Jul 2, 2007
  12. up for the game wrote:

    > Sometimes privacy is a good thing and sometimes the reason is not
    > explainable...

    It's explainable to me. They've blocked you because they don't want you
    hassling them. And you want other people help you defeat that? Good luck.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 2, 2007
  13. On Jul 2, 2:18 am, up for the game <> wrote:
    > Sounds a bit goofy, but, when trying to block the number I am calling
    > from, some phone number don't want to hear it and the call will not
    > complete.
    > Sometimes privacy is a good thing and sometimes the reason is not
    > explainable...
    > This would be especially valuable from the verizon cell phone.
    > Thought the posting was worth a try.
    > Thanks
    > Joe

    Joe,
    I'd think about this carefully before pursuing it too much further. As
    far as I know, caller id is something managed by the telco's. Trying
    to spoof that is probably in violation of your local
    telecommunications laws. Even if you do manage it, you could end up in
    the big-house picking up the soap for somebody called Bubba.

    cheers,

    Brett

    Electric Monk, Jul 2, 2007
  14. up for the game

    Mara Guest

    On 2 Jul 2007 00:44:49 GMT, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    >WhzzKdd wrote:
    >> "Mara" <> wrote in message

    >>> No. That takes them out WAY too quickly. It should be as slow and as
    >>> painful as possible.

    >> Okay - shoot them in both hands. That'll stop the dialing and typing
    >> while they bleed out.

    >Wait. The we that there is none of could benefit mankind TWO ways with
    >this. Sloooooowly skin the spammers. Tan their hides. Use the
    >resultant material to line a...er...line of tinfoil hats. Those hats
    >have to be uncomfortable in hot weather, with metal on skin. The
    >perfect solution: spammerskin linings -- or at least sweat bands.

    I would think you'd get poisoned that way.

    I was thinking more along the lines of a portable CAT scan machine that really
    *does* take slices. Start at the bottom and work up. One slice at a time.

    Evil, of course, but appropriate.

    Mara, Jul 2, 2007
  15. Mara wrote:
    > On 2 Jul 2007 00:44:49 GMT, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:
    >
    >>WhzzKdd wrote:
    >>> "Mara" <> wrote in message

    >>> Okay - shoot them in both hands. That'll stop the dialing and typing
    >>> while they bleed out.

    >>Wait. The we that there is none of could benefit mankind TWO ways with
    >>this. Sloooooowly skin the spammers. Tan their hides. Use the
    >>resultant material to line a...er...line of tinfoil hats. Those hats
    >>have to be uncomfortable in hot weather, with metal on skin. The
    >>perfect solution: spammerskin linings -- or at least sweat bands.

    > I would think you'd get poisoned that way.
    >
    > I was thinking more along the lines of a portable CAT scan machine that really
    > *does* take slices. Start at the bottom and work up. One slice at a time.

    Make the slices appropriate for drying: spammer jerky. Then with
    freshly apprehended spammers, before they're CAT scanned themselves,
    make them live for a month on nothing but water (just enough to keep
    them alive) and spammer jerky.

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 2, 2007
  16. up for the game

    Mara Guest

    On 2 Jul 2007 18:49:57 GMT, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    >Mara wrote:

    <snip>
    >> I was thinking more along the lines of a portable CAT scan machine that really
    >> *does* take slices. Start at the bottom and work up. One slice at a time.

    >Make the slices appropriate for drying: spammer jerky. Then with
    >freshly apprehended spammers, before they're CAT scanned themselves,
    >make them live for a month on nothing but water (just enough to keep
    >them alive) and spammer jerky.

    Suddenly "Mad Spammer Disease" leaps to mind.

    Oh, wait. They already are, aren't they? Nevermind then.

    Mara, Jul 2, 2007
  17. On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 23:18:22 -0700, Electric Monk
    <> wrote:

    >On Jul 2, 2:18 am, up for the game <> wrote:
    >> Sounds a bit goofy, but, when trying to block the number I am calling
    >> from, some phone number don't want to hear it and the call will not
    >> complete.
    >> Sometimes privacy is a good thing and sometimes the reason is not
    >> explainable...
    >> This would be especially valuable from the verizon cell phone.
    >> Thought the posting was worth a try.
    >> Thanks
    >> Joe
    >>
    >> --

    >Joe,
    >I'd think about this carefully before pursuing it too much further. As
    >far as I know, caller id is something managed by the telco's. Trying
    >to spoof that is probably in violation of your local
    >telecommunications laws. Even if you do manage it, you could end up in
    >the big-house picking up the soap for somebody called Bubba.
    >
    >cheers,
    >
    >Brett

    Thanks for the posting repsonse time .

    I use my cell phone to schedule service work, and the last thing I
    need is for someone to be able to call back anytime they want for any
    reason as that phone is always answered--even after closing hours. The
    Thankfully the GPS got rid of the calls needed for directions.

    However.

    I guess keeping cell phone identity anonymous is somewhat akin to not
    using real email addresses or names on usenet.......

    This page came up www.calleridspoofing.info and looks to be
    interesting and may point to your point Brett.

    Joe

    up for the game, Jul 3, 2007
  18. up for the game

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 13:18:49 -0400, up for the game <> wrote:

    >Sounds a bit goofy, but, when trying to block the number I am calling
    >from, some phone number don't want to hear it and the call will not
    >complete.
    >Sometimes privacy is a good thing and sometimes the reason is not
    >explainable...
    >This would be especially valuable from the verizon cell phone.
    >Thought the posting was worth a try.

    Pre-paid.

    >Thanks
    >Joe

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og
    I do not represent atheists or atheism

    Barry OGrady, Jul 8, 2007
  19. up for the game

    Ozark Guest

    On Jul 1, 12:18 pm, up for the game <> wrote:
    > Sounds a bit goofy, but, when trying to block the number I am calling
    > from, some phone number don't want to hear it and the call will not
    > complete.
    > Sometimes privacy is a good thing and sometimes the reason is not
    > explainable...
    > This would be especially valuable from the verizon cell phone.
    > Thought the posting was worth a try.
    > Thanks
    > Joe

    It's fairly easy with VOIP. I got some interesting results when I
    changed my name field to Drug Task Force and called a few old
    acquaintances.
    The only way I have found for a cell phone is through a third party.

    Ozark, Jul 9, 2007