Looking to see a sample movie produced by a Panasonic FZ5

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Robert, Aug 29, 2005.

  1. Robert

    Robert Guest

    Hi everyone,

    Thank you to all who replied to my last post. From what I have learned, my
    choice is down to 2 digital cameras ... the Panasonic FZ5 and the Canon S2
    IS.

    The Panasonic
    So far based on user review, this camera will produce better still images
    than the Canon and the still feature works well. I have also learned that
    this camera (again, user review here say) doesn't work too well indoors or
    in low light.

    The Canon
    I have seen the quality of movies produced by the Canon and I am very
    impressed. The downside to this camera as various user reviews have noted it
    has been chromatic aberration and purple fringing and no TIFF mode. I wonder
    if those color abnormalities occured under certain situation or if this will
    always happen on this camera

    I have read the review on both models on pdreview ... and it's a toss up at
    this point. Anyways... the purpose of this post. I'm looking to see what
    kind of movies the Panasonic can create. I know there are only 320x240 but
    as long as the movies were sharp and of decent quality I might go for that
    camera. I am asking that if and FZ5 owner could post somewhere a small
    sample of a movie output... say about 10 seconds long in a well lit area. If
    the movie is too large to post online, perhaps I could arrange to have it
    sent directly to my server via FTP. Please and thank you to anyone who could
    show me the FZ5 movie capibilities.

    Robert

    Robert, Aug 29, 2005

  2. Robert wrote:
    []
    > I have read the review on both models on pdreview ... and it's a toss
    > up at this point. Anyways... the purpose of this post. I'm looking to
    > see what kind of movies the Panasonic can create. I know there are
    > only 320x240 but as long as the movies were sharp and of decent
    > quality I might go for that camera. I am asking that if and FZ5 owner
    > could post somewhere a small sample of a movie output... say about 10
    > seconds long in a well lit area.

    Robert, please see:

    ftp://ftp.blueyonder.co.uk/store1/incoming/GOES/

    specifically:

    ftp://ftp.blueyonder.co.uk/store1/incoming/GOES/P1000090.MOV

    Beware any URL wrap. This movie was taken at Edinburgh zoo where the
    penguins have a walkabout at 2:15 every afternoon. By the way, one of the
    penguins, Nils Olav, was recently promoted to Commander-in-Chief of the
    Kings Guard of Norway.

    http://www.norway.org.uk/edinburgh/2005/nopromotion.htm

    The other file there is an animation of hurricane Katrina.

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Aug 29, 2005