Looking to disable AD HOC option for wireless

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Jonathan @ isa, Mar 7, 2008.

  1. Hello and good day.

    I have several laptops for my organization that I need to set ad hoc on
    wireless connection properties to never be an option, ie disabled, greyed out
    etc. The Laptops are windows xp SP2. We are not using Active Directory,
    instead samba on our network. I was able to get GPMC.msc installed, however I
    am unable to use the group policy object editor to setup a wireless policy
    without Active Directory. I have foud through gpedit.msc the following snap
    in;" Local Computer Policy/User Configuration/Administrative
    Templates/Windows Componets /Microsoft Management
    Console/Restricted/Permitted snap-ins/Group Policy/Group Policy snap-in
    extensions/Wireless Networ (IEEE 802.11) Policies. I have enabled it but am
    unable to set a policy using it.

    Does anyone know a work around to set local policy for xp not using Active
    Directory. Or at the least reg key for disabling AD HOC option for wireless
    connections?

    Any assistance would be appreciated.

    Sincerely,
    jonathan k