    related sites (using different ports, not 80) and restrict them from being
    able to hit the www. I have administrative access to the machines. The OS
    is XP Pro SP2. Any help is appreciated.

    Ghostown, Aug 23, 2005

  2. Ghostown

    SpeeD Guest

    Ghostown wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > Im seeking a way to block just Port 80 to prevent web access on a laptop
    > with wireless connectivity. We want the user to be able to access the work
    > related sites (using different ports, not 80) and restrict them from being
    > able to hit the www. I have administrative access to the machines. The OS
    > is XP Pro SP2. Any help is appreciated.

    just block port 80 on an outgoing rule for the ip address of the laptops
    with wifi.
    or just change the proxy settings to local and make sure you run a
    domain policy where the user cannot change ie settings.

    SpeeD, Aug 23, 2005

  3. Ghostown

    Winged Guest

    SpeeD wrote:
    > Ghostown wrote:
    >
    >> Hello all,
    >>
    >> Im seeking a way to block just Port 80 to prevent web access on a laptop
    >> with wireless connectivity. We want the user to be able to access the
    >> work
    >> related sites (using different ports, not 80) and restrict them from
    >> being
    >> able to hit the www. I have administrative access to the machines.
    >> The OS
    >> is XP Pro SP2. Any help is appreciated.
    >>

    > just block port 80 on an outgoing rule for the ip address of the laptops
    > with wifi.
    > or just change the proxy settings to local and make sure you run a
    > domain policy where the user cannot change ie settings.

    That will work until the user boots off a USB or CD device. You should
    also ensure the wireless DMZ is constrained to communicate only where
    intended with only the authorized devices allowed to communicate with
    the wireless.

    Winged

    Winged, Aug 23, 2005