    Thanks for all you help.

    Joe

    , Aug 10, 2006

  2. Skorkles Guest

    Take a look at Shoretel. I think you be quite pleased.
    As far as administration goes, I'm a Windows/Exchange admin and I don't like
    phone systems at all. But this thing is a breeze and I love it.

    Check it out.

    Skorkles, Aug 10, 2006

  3. stephen Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Currently all the phones in my network are Cisco 7940. We get our
    > phone service through our ISP who outsources it to a company about 5
    > hours from here. My company asked me to look into purchasing the
    > entire back end of the system so that we can administer everything
    > ourselves. I realize that this means purchasing alot of equipment.

    Cisco supports 2 central IP PBX implementations - on a set of servers, or on
    a cisco router. Severs are usually for big deployments, and router platform
    for smaller ones

    you might need further servers for voicemail and other more complex
    services, but this is pretty much standard IP telephony.

    50 phones is well within the Call Manager Express capability on a router,
    but you would need to check whether the functions you already use are all
    supported.

    > Can someone give me a place to start looking, or a suggestion as to
    > what to buy? We have about 50 users, about a quarter of which are
    > remote. I need to be able to hook everyone into our phone system. I
    > have VPN connections setup for our remote users now.

    if you havent done it before find a reseller since they can help set it up
    and train you on it.

    --
    Regards

    - replace xyz with ntl

    stephen, Aug 11, 2006
  4. murray Guest

    I like the suggestions for Shoretell (it just works...) and Cisco (you
    just gotta work it) but if you want to do a free proof of concept get
    Asterisk. it's quick and easy and supports Cisco phones and voicemail,
    IVR, etc. oh, and did I mention it supports Cisco phones?

    my guess is that once management sees what it takes to manage the back
    end they'll go back to off site management (as long as it's cheap
    enough). and if the asterisk solution works you're done.

    good luck

    murray, Aug 16, 2006
  5. Joe Guest

    I've decided to go with either Cisco, or Shoretel. Both systems seem
    to have alot of features. Can anyone give me a site that does a Good
    comparison of the two? So far all the ones i've read have a note at
    the end that someone forgot to set something up, which means that the
    systems aren't really a good comparison at all.

    Thanks

    Joe, Aug 30, 2006
  6. hillieren

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2006
    Messages:
    8
    All of your clients is cisco, it's better to let server use cisco too maybe. Tones of documents and lots of work...

    hillieren, Aug 30, 2006