    10 to 20 internal extensions.

    Cheers,

    NEIL

    Neil Jarman, May 31, 2005

  2. Neil Jarman

    Ian Guest

    "Neil Jarman" <> wrote in message
    news:d7hrue$i9h$1$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm an IT officer and we're looking to replace our ageing 5 line system

    with
    > something moe modern.
    >
    > Ideally, can anyone recommend a system that I can install and maintain
    > myself, rather than getting in an external company?
    >
    > We have 5 external lines, which is probably enough, but need to upgrade

    from
    > 10 to 20 internal extensions.

    Hi

    Wait a few weeks and the new Mitel 3300 CXI will be avalible and will do all
    you want. see www.mitel.com not sure if the CXI is on it yet though.

    Ian

    Ian, May 31, 2005

  3. Neil Jarman

    Neil Jarman Guest

    Hi Ian,

    No, the CXI is not on the web site.

    As a complete telecoms novice, will I be able to configure it myself? Our
    system is SO old, I dread to think what a mess I might get into.

    Thanks for the pointer, however.

    I found a Quadro 16xa which looks promising too - do you have any comments?

    NEIL

    Neil Jarman, May 31, 2005
  4. Neil Jarman

    Lurch Guest

    On Tue, 31 May 2005 15:21:02 +0100, "Neil Jarman"
    <> strung together this:

    >I'm an IT officer and we're looking to replace our ageing 5 line system with
    >something moe modern.

    Why? What additional features do you need from it?

    >Ideally, can anyone recommend a system that I can install and maintain
    >myself, rather than getting in an external company?

    Depends what you know now, what you hope to achieve and what you are
    like at maintaining PBX's.

    >We have 5 external lines, which is probably enough, but need to upgrade from
    >10 to 20 internal extensions.

    What sort of lines? What sort of extensions? What features do you need
    on these extensions?

    By the sound of it, you need to get an external company as you seem to
    be way off the mark.

    And where does VoIP come into this?
    --

    SJW

    Lurch, May 31, 2005
  5. Lurch - how come Neil asked 1 question and you replied to him with 6?

    Eric The Viking, Jun 1, 2005
  6. Neil Jarman

    Lurch Guest

    On 31 May 2005 16:13:49 -0700, "Eric The Viking"
    <> strung together this:

    >Lurch - how come Neil asked 1 question and you replied to him with 6?

    Obviously you have no idea what's going on here then.

    You can't spec a phone system without knowing what the end user wants
    out of it. Do you buy everything blind or do you just buy a generic
    'thing' that is absolutely useless to you as it doesn't do what you
    want it to do?

    If one of my customers said to me that they want a phone system I
    wouldn't just turn around and say "OK, fine. I'll order that then".
    I'd find out what they wanted, then supply something that matched
    their requirements. I'd spend most of my time in the small claims
    court and run out of customers pretty fast if I didn't.

    I assume you're only 12 and haven't learnt anything about good
    business sense so I won't be too hard on you for today.
    --

    SJW

    Lurch, Jun 1, 2005
  7. Lurch wrote:
    > On 31 May 2005 16:13:49 -0700, "Eric The Viking"
    > <> strung together this:
    >
    > >Lurch - how come Neil asked 1 question and you replied to him with 6?

    > Obviously you have no idea what's going on here then.

    It's usenet. People ask questions in hope of getting answers.
    Preferably helpful ones.

    > You can't spec a phone system without knowing what the end user wants
    > out of it. Do you buy everything blind or do you just buy a generic
    > 'thing' that is absolutely useless to you as it doesn't do what you
    > want it to do?

    I thought the bloke stated pretty clearly what he wants out of it,
    besides he wasn't asking for a spec or to buy anything - just for some
    ideas of systems. I'm sure the chap is more than capable of reading up
    on any bits of kit that are recommended.

    > If one of my customers said to me that they want a phone system I
    > wouldn't just turn around and say "OK, fine. I'll order that then".
    > I'd find out what they wanted, then supply something that matched
    > their requirements. I'd spend most of my time in the small claims
    > court and run out of customers pretty fast if I didn't.

    And if your attitude towards your customers is the same as it is in
    here I would imagine that you would be more concerned about the latter
    rather than the former.

    > I assume you're only 12 and haven't learnt anything about good
    > business sense so I won't be too hard on you for today.

    I will therefore assume that you are also 12 but you lose cos my dad's
    a policeman.

    "Won't be too hard on you for today" - twot.

    Eric The Viking, Jun 1, 2005
  8. Neil Jarman

    Lurch Guest

    On 31 May 2005 18:39:12 -0700, "Eric The Viking"
    <> strung together this:

    >It's usenet. People ask questions in hope of getting answers.
    >Preferably helpful ones.

    Which is why I asked the questions, in order to provide an answer
    which was somewhere near what he wanted.

    >I thought the bloke stated pretty clearly what he wants out of it,
    >besides he wasn't asking for a spec or to buy anything - just for some
    >ideas of systems. I'm sure the chap is more than capable of reading up
    >on any bits of kit that are recommended.

    I can't recommend anything if I don't know what he wants. All I know
    at the moment is he wants a phone system. All I can recommend from
    that is that he gets a phone system, what's the point in suggesting
    that?

    >And if your attitude towards your customers is the same as it is in
    >here I would imagine that you would be more concerned about the latter
    >rather than the former.

    What? I've just explained once, if you don't understand then don't
    bother replying with same drivel again.
    --

    SJW

    Lurch, Jun 1, 2005
  9. Neil Jarman

    BigLarry Guest

    Take at look at www.phonepresence.co.uk , it looks like it could be for
    you. Obv you would need a decent ADSL/Broadband line to support so many
    users but I reckon you could use a 20:1 contention from someone like
    Nildram coupled with a package from phone presence to give you more
    features etc etc.

    BigLarry, Jun 4, 2005
  11. Neil Jarman

    Lurch Guest

    On 4 Jun 2005 11:46:26 -0700, "BigLarry" <>
    strung together this:

    >Take at look at www.someshiteservicethattheopdoesntwant.co.uk ,
    >it looks like it could be for you.

    Er, I'm not actually looking for a system as I have loads of them here
    thanks. Even if I was, I wouldn't want some waste of space overpriced
    online answering service.
    --

    SJW

    Lurch, Jun 5, 2005
  12. Neil Jarman

    BigLarry Guest

    Thanks for your childish reply.

    You're obviously 18 years old with an inflated ego cos you once read a
    Linux book you got from the computer show.

    If you want other peoples opinions (whatever they are) then I suggest
    you reply to them in a mature fashion or completely ignore then. You
    may find it helps when you go for your next job as judging by the post
    you havent a clue what you are doing in this one.

    BigLarry, Jun 5, 2005
  13. Neil Jarman

    Lurch Guest

    On 5 Jun 2005 12:02:32 -0700, "BigLarry" <>
    strung together this:

    >Thanks for your childish reply.

    No, thank you.

    >You're obviously 18 years old with an inflated ego cos you once read a
    >Linux book you got from the computer show.

    Er, wrong on all counts, but thanks for trying. What's Linux got to do
    with it anyway?

    >If you want other peoples opinions (whatever they are) then I suggest
    >you reply to them in a mature fashion or completely ignore then.

    But I don't want other peoples opinions. Did I ask for anything? No.
    You may want to try reading the thread again.

    >You
    >may find it helps when you go for your next job as judging by the post
    >you havent a clue what you are doing in this one.

    How do you know what job I have, and for the record I won't be going
    for any job interviews, I haven't felt the need to yet and can't see
    the mood changing in the future.
    --

    SJW

    Lurch, Jun 5, 2005
  14. Neil Jarman

    BigLarry Guest

    Thanks for your reply Lurch. When you do feel the need to go for a job
    you would probably do well to speak to people in a manner appropriate.

    Peope post questions in order to get a variety of answers and Im sorry
    you felt I was advertising Company A, I wasn't I just thought it was
    one possibility for Neil.

    Good luck in your job hunt.

    Larry.

    BigLarry, Jun 5, 2005