    but have not found one. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Alex

    JustMe, Sep 10, 2006

  2. JustMe

    Guest

    JustMe <> wrote:

    >Hi there!
    >
    >Saw a movie yesterday, .avi with BSplayer (www.byplayer.com), and did
    >a lot of screen captures. I did many by pausing the vid, and then slow
    >forwarding to the precise frame I wanted to capture, and then do the
    >cap. Unfortunately, that did not quite work out -- all I got, as I saw
    >after I finished the movie, was the first frame where I had stopped
    >the movie. Very, very, very annoying.
    >
    >Now I am looking for a video player where I can do exactly that --
    >pause video, slow forward, and get screen cap. Nothing fancy, I guess,
    >but have not found one. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

    Kinda... VLC will do this but, the pause is slow to work, right
    clicking and save snapshot is actually a better option (or use the hot
    keys) http://www.videolan.org/

    Preferences > interface > Hot Key settings to change forward and
    backward settings

    --
    1000 virtual cars racing at the same time - Trackmania Sunrise :D
    http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=12321

    , Sep 10, 2006

  3. JustMe

    JustMe Guest

    Hello!

    On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 11:23:01 -0700, wrote:

    >>Now I am looking for a video player where I can do exactly that --
    >>pause video, slow forward, and get screen cap. Nothing fancy, I guess,
    >>but have not found one. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

    >Kinda... VLC will do this but, the pause is slow to work, right
    >clicking and save snapshot is actually a better option (or use the hot
    >keys) http://www.videolan.org/

    Thanks, installed it, but does not quite work -- while I can move
    forward in pause mode, according to the time counter, the picture does
    not move, so I cannot see where I am, making taking exactly the right
    screen cap a bit tricky. :-o

    Maybe some obxcure setting, or am I doing something wrong?

    Thanks,
    Alex

    JustMe, Sep 11, 2006
  4. JustMe

    Guest

    JustMe <> wrote:

    >Hello!
    >
    >On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 11:23:01 -0700, wrote:
    >
    >>>Now I am looking for a video player where I can do exactly that --
    >>>pause video, slow forward, and get screen cap. Nothing fancy, I guess,
    >>>but have not found one. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

    >>Kinda... VLC will do this but, the pause is slow to work, right
    >>clicking and save snapshot is actually a better option (or use the hot
    >>keys) http://www.videolan.org/

    >Thanks, installed it, but does not quite work -- while I can move
    >forward in pause mode, according to the time counter, the picture does
    >not move, so I cannot see where I am, making taking exactly the right
    >screen cap a bit tricky. :-o

    It is tricky, but suits my purpose, guess not your's.

    Might check out http://www.virtualdub.org/

    --
    1000 virtual cars racing at the same time - Trackmania Sunrise :D
    http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=12321

    , Sep 11, 2006