    can give me.

    Regards,

    Fred
    Fred Atkinson, Jan 22, 2005

  2. www.bradreese.com

    or

    www.ebay.com

    Regards,
    Steve
    www.cisco-forum.com

    cisco-forum.com, Jan 22, 2005

  3. Steve,

    Ebay I've been watching. The problem is that those guys are
    fighting over those switches like you wouldn't believe. As soon as
    one is posted, they start watching it. Then nothing happens until the
    last few hours. By the quarter hour before the close of the auction,
    the price has gone up a couple of hundred dollars. And if you try to
    outbid them, they'll outbid you again.

    But, I submitted a request on the Brad Reese site.

    Regards,

    Fred
    Fred Atkinson, Jan 22, 2005
  4. Someone called me and said that they had a Cisco Catalyst 1900
    WS-C1912C-EN Fiber Switch-N1 they might let me use.

    As I want to do VTP, 802.1q and ISL, trunking, pruning,
    server, transparent, and client modes, and anything else that might be
    required for CCNA/CCNP training?

    Can anyone tell me if this particular model would meet my
    needs?

    Fred
    Fred Atkinson, Jan 24, 2005
  5. Also, what is the latest version for the boot ROM on it and
    what is the latest IOS version for it?

    Regards,

    Fred
    Fred Atkinson, Jan 25, 2005
  6. Fred Atkinson

    Hansang Bae Guest

    Fred Atkinson wrote:

    > Someone called me and said that they had a Cisco Catalyst 1900
    > WS-C1912C-EN Fiber Switch-N1 they might let me use.
    >
    > As I want to do VTP, 802.1q and ISL, trunking, pruning,
    > server, transparent, and client modes, and anything else that might be
    > required for CCNA/CCNP training?
    >
    > Can anyone tell me if this particular model would meet my
    > needs?

    Better suited for alt.certification.cisco.

    1900's for the most part are a waste of money. Not quite IOS, not even
    close to being CatOS. You can do ISL on the 100Mbps ports, but not on
    the 10Mbps ports. Were I you, I'd pass.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Jan 25, 2005
  7. Hansang,

    Thanks for that information.

    Do you think a 2900 or 2950 series switch would be
    appropriate.

    I'll probably keep the 1900 around but just for some
    experiments.

    Fred
    Fred Atkinson, Jan 25, 2005
  8. Fred Atkinson

    Hansang Bae Guest

    Fred Atkinson wrote:
    > Thanks for that information.
    > Do you think a 2900 or 2950 series switch would be
    > appropriate.
    > I'll probably keep the 1900 around but just for some
    > experiments.

    I think 2950's are quite useful. It can't really do L3 stuff, but you
    can do that on routers.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Jan 26, 2005