    for roxio easy vhs to dvd, i have never used a newsreader before so i am
    lost; how do i find the torrent in order to download this software using
    the usenet system? thanks and pardon my ignorance...

    Miriam Hope, Apr 14, 2010

  2. Miriam Hope

    richard Guest

    On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 00:05:50 -0600, Miriam Hope wrote:

    > hi all, i signed up for this usenet group in order to download a torrent
    > for roxio easy vhs to dvd, i have never used a newsreader before so i am
    > lost; how do i find the torrent in order to download this software using
    > the usenet system? thanks and pardon my ignorance...

    Good luck. You will need to get a torrent client and use the various
    torrent websites.

    Personally, I wouldn't have anything to do with roxio. Not after one of
    their programs left my machine crammed and jammed with thousands of
    registry items I had to remove by hand.

    BTW, I am not sure what you mean by "signed up for this group". Nobody
    signs up. You just join in. And you will not find any torrents ever posted
    to this group.

    richard, Apr 14, 2010

  3. Miriam Hope

    richard Guest

    On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 01:52:44 -0500, philo wrote:

    > Miriam Hope wrote:
    >> hi all, i signed up for this usenet group in order to download a torrent
    >> for roxio easy vhs to dvd, i have never used a newsreader before so i am
    >> lost; how do i find the torrent in order to download this software using
    >> the usenet system? thanks and pardon my ignorance...

    > Then maybe you don't know that the software is generally illegal

    Says who? The German court said such things are illegal in Germany but they
    have no say in the legal affairs of the USA. Only the idiots behind the
    RIAA say it's illegal. It is not the fault of the system that causes
    copyrighted material to be passed around freely. Hell, if you looked hard
    enough, you could probably find the same things on usenet.

    richard, Apr 14, 2010
  4. Miriam Hope

    floffy3 Guest

    floffy3, Apr 14, 2010
  5. Miriam Hope

    Mike Yetto Guest

    richard <> writes and having writ moves on.
    > On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 01:52:44 -0500, philo wrote:
    >
    >> Miriam Hope wrote:
    >>> hi all, i signed up for this usenet group in order to download a torrent
    >>> for roxio easy vhs to dvd, i have never used a newsreader before so i am
    >>> lost; how do i find the torrent in order to download this software using
    >>> the usenet system? thanks and pardon my ignorance...

    >> Then maybe you don't know that the software is generally illegal

    > Says who? The German court said such things are illegal in Germany but they
    > have no say in the legal affairs of the USA. Only the idiots behind the
    > RIAA say it's illegal. It is not the fault of the system that causes
    > copyrighted material to be passed around freely. Hell, if you looked hard
    > enough, you could probably find the same things on usenet.

    The RIAA has *nothing* to do with "roxio easy vhs to dvd"
    software. If that app isn't open source or freely distributable
    it is not legal to d/l and use. And if it is illegal via torrent
    it is illegal via Usenet.

    To the OP, you don't use Usenet to d/l torrents. For torrents
    you use a torrent client. The same as not using a School Bus to
    fry eggs.

    Mike "philo 1 RtS 0" Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Apr 14, 2010
  6. On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 13:10:57 +0200, Danny Warhol wrote:

    > "richard" wrote:
    >
    > > And you will not find any torrents ever posted to this group.

    > No?
    >

    > d8:announce30:http://tracker.prq.to/announce13:announce-listll30:http://

    tracker.prq.to/announceel39:http://tracker.torrent.to:2710/
    announceel41:http://inferno.demonoid.com:3398/announceel33:http://
    www.h33t.com:3310/announceel42:http://denis.stalker.h3q.com:6969/
    announceel38:http://tracker.ilibr.org:6969/
    announceee18:azureus_propertiesd17:dht_backup_enablei1ee7:comment37:
    > - Internet Explorer 9 [Beta version]13:comment.utf-824:Internet Explorer
    > 9 Beta10:created by0:13:creation
    > datei1270150595e8:encoding5:UTF-84:infod4:ed2k16:š0‹Û;xîÅú,ïž
    > ûËÜ6:lengthi17790976e4:name28:Internet Explorer 9
    > Beta.iso10:name.utf-828:Internet Explorer 9 Beta.iso12:piece
    > lengthi32768e6:borkborkbork10860:QˆCIŽa1Rý{ÛŠ£ÿ
    > OÖBK4„ýG‹å]îÞôò÷†ˆ'r ŠÃX"ÙIm€Ì„Ãt[

    haha you hsowed him

    �b�b�b�, Apr 14, 2010
  7. On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 06:30:36 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 00:46:17 -0700, richard <> wrote:
    >
    >>Says who? The German court said such things are illegal in Germany but
    >>they have no say in the legal affairs of the USA.

    > Who said anything about Germany?
    >
    >>Only the idiots behind the RIAA say it's illegal.

    > Software?
    >
    >>It is not the fault of the system that causes copyrighted material to be
    >>passed around freely. Hell, if you looked hard enough, you could
    >>probably find the same things on usenet.

    > And if I looked hard enough, I'll see speeders driving in the carpool
    > lane with only 1 occupant. Does that make it legal?

    germany.

    �b�b�b�, Apr 14, 2010
  8. Miriam Hope

    richard Guest

    On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 13:10:57 +0200, Danny Warhol wrote:

    > "richard" wrote:
    >
    > > And you will not find any torrents ever posted to this group.

    > No?

    NO!

    I've been with this group since 1997 and I have as yet to see any one post
    a torrent here. An occasional binary slips through, but that is extremely
    rare.

    richard, Apr 14, 2010
  9. On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 09:16:15 -0700, richard wrote:

    > On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 13:10:57 +0200, Danny Warhol wrote:
    >
    >> "richard" wrote:
    >>
    >> > And you will not find any torrents ever posted to this group.

    >> No?

    > NO!
    >
    > I've been with this group since 1997 and I have as yet to see any one
    > post a torrent here. An occasional binary slips through, but that is
    > extremely rare.

    WELL YA JUST DID LOL

    naaahnteeeen naaahhhhn dee sevun!

    �b�b�b�, Apr 14, 2010
  10. Miriam Hope

    Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 06:30:36 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 00:46:17 -0700, richard <> wrote:
    >
    >>Says who? The German court said such things are illegal in Germany but
    >>they have no say in the legal affairs of the USA.

    > Who said anything about Germany?

    If my eyes don't deceive me, I think it was RtS. Why he mentioned it would
    be, IMHO, far beyond the abilities of any sentient being to fathom.

    >>Only the idiots behind the RIAA say it's illegal.

    > Software?
    >
    >>It is not the fault of the system that causes copyrighted material to be
    >>passed around freely. Hell, if you looked hard enough, you could
    >>probably find the same things on usenet.

    > And if I looked hard enough, I'll see speeders driving in the carpool
    > lane with only 1 occupant. Does that make it legal?

    In RtS's mind, anything you can get away with is legal. Once you're
    caught, it's not.

    Aardvark, Apr 14, 2010
  11. Miriam Hope

    Jordon Guest

    richard wrote:
    > On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 01:52:44 -0500, philo wrote:
    >
    >> Miriam Hope wrote:
    >>> hi all, i signed up for this usenet group in order to download a torrent
    >>> for roxio easy vhs to dvd, i have never used a newsreader before so i am
    >>> lost; how do i find the torrent in order to download this software using
    >>> the usenet system? thanks and pardon my ignorance...

    >> Then maybe you don't know that the software is generally illegal

    > Says who? The German court said such things are illegal in Germany but they
    > have no say in the legal affairs of the USA. Only the idiots behind the
    > RIAA say it's illegal.

    The Recording Industry Association of America cares about
    software that is capable of legally recording music? Whether
    or not that software is legal, they don't care. It's the
    recorded content they care about.

    As usual, you're confused.

    Jordon, Apr 14, 2010
  12. Miriam Hope

    §nühw0£f Guest

    On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 17:17:31 +0000 (UTC)
    Aardvark <> wrote:

    > On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 06:30:36 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:
    >
    > > On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 00:46:17 -0700, richard <>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >>Says who? The German court said such things are illegal in Germany
    > >>but they have no say in the legal affairs of the USA.

    > > Who said anything about Germany?
    > >

    > If my eyes don't deceive me, I think it was RtS. Why he mentioned it
    > would be, IMHO, far beyond the abilities of any sentient being to
    > fathom.
    >
    > >>Only the idiots behind the RIAA say it's illegal.

    > > Software?
    > >
    > >>It is not the fault of the system that causes copyrighted material
    > >>to be passed around freely. Hell, if you looked hard enough, you
    > >>could probably find the same things on usenet.

    > > And if I looked hard enough, I'll see speeders driving in the
    > > carpool lane with only 1 occupant. Does that make it legal?

    > In RtS's mind, anything you can get away with is legal. Once you're
    > caught, it's not.

    I hate to tell you, but that's pretty much the American Way.

    There was a South Park episode where Cartman becomes a math teacher to
    inner city latino youth...pretty much epitomizes the prevailing "ethic"
    of the shows intended demographic.

    HTH

    http://www.skepticalscience.com/

    §nühw0£f, Apr 14, 2010
  13. Miriam Hope

    Mike Yetto Guest

    Evan Platt <> writes and having writ moves on.
    > On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 15:30:05 +0000 (UTC), �b�b�b� wrote:

    >>> No?
    >>>

    >>> d8:announce30:http://tracker.prq.to/announce13:announce-listll30:http://

    >> tracker.prq.to/announceel39:http://tracker.torrent.to:2710/
    >> announceel41:http://inferno.demonoid.com:3398/announceel33:http://
    >> www.h33t.com:3310/announceel42:http://denis.stalker.h3q.com:6969/
    >> announceel38:http://tracker.ilibr.org:6969/
    >> announceee18:azureus_propertiesd17:dht_backup_enablei1ee7:comment37:
    >>> - Internet Explorer 9 [Beta version]13:comment.utf-824:Internet Explorer
    >>> 9 Beta10:created by0:13:creation
    >>> datei1270150595e8:encoding5:UTF-84:infod4:ed2k16:š0‹Û;xîÅú,ïž
    >>> ûËÜ6:lengthi17790976e4:name28:Internet Explorer 9
    >>> Beta.iso10:name.utf-828:Internet Explorer 9 Beta.iso12:piece
    >>> lengthi32768e6:borkborkbork10860:QˆCIŽa1Rý{ÛŠ£ÿ
    >>> OÖBK4„ýG‹å]îÞôò÷†ˆ'r ŠÃ*X"ÙIm€Ì„Ãt[

    >> haha you hsowed him

    > Wow, richard being proved wrong. Imagine that.

    And by a 14 year old in his mother's basement who just now got
    his Christmas computer to connect to Usenet.

    Mike "or maybe a 35 year old, same place" Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Apr 14, 2010
  14. Miriam Hope

    chuckcar Guest

    Miriam Hope <> wrote in news::

    > hi all, i signed up for this usenet group in order to download a torrent
    > for roxio easy vhs to dvd, i have never used a newsreader before so i am
    > lost; how do i find the torrent in order to download this software using
    > the usenet system? thanks and pardon my ignorance...

    You don't *get* files from torrents with usenet. You decode encoded messages
    containing attachments and they combine to usually form an archive file such
    as a rar or zip file. With torrents, you find the torrent file, open it with
    a p2p client such as bitlord and it downloads the file automatically and shows
    your it's progress. It's done by having multiple people with different parts
    of the file interchanging the parts they don't have.

    All questions of this sort can be easily answered with a simple browser address
    bar search. You type in a few words instead of a url and hit enter.

    Read these for more detail.

    http://www.wtata.com/faq/

    http://www.usenetmonster.com/infocenter/articles/usenet_binaries_multipart.asp

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Apr 15, 2010
  15. Miriam Hope

    freemont Guest

    On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 23:16:04 +0000, chuckcar writ:

    > shows your it's progress.

    CRINGE

    Always playing the informed one who knows everything, but you can form a
    coherent sentence only occasionally.

    > All questions of this sort can be easily answered with a simple browser
    > address bar search. You type in a few words instead of a url and hit
    > enter.

    You mean like these?
    <http://preview.tinyurl.com/y2wgyde>
    <http://preview.tinyurl.com/y25q7fn>

    --
    â‚ "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
    â‚ Beware the 24hoursupport tards:

    freemont, Apr 15, 2010
  16. Miriam Hope

    chuckcar Guest

    �b�b�b� <> wrote in

    > On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 13:10:57 +0200, Danny Warhol wrote:
    >
    >> "richard" wrote:
    >>
    >> > And you will not find any torrents ever posted to this group.

    >> No?
    >>

    >> d8:announce30:http://tracker.prq.to/announce13:announce-listll30:http:
    >> //

    > tracker.prq.to/announceel39:http://tracker.torrent.to:2710/
    > announceel41:http://inferno.demonoid.com:3398/announceel33:http://
    > www.h33t.com:3310/announceel42:http://denis.stalker.h3q.com:6969/
    > announceel38:http://tracker.ilibr.org:6969/
    > announceee18:azureus_propertiesd17:dht_backup_enablei1ee7:comment37:
    >> - Internet Explorer 9 [Beta version]13:comment.utf-824:Internet
    >> Explorer 9 Beta10:created by0:13:creation
    >> datei1270150595e8:encoding5:UTF-84:infod4:ed2k16:š0‹Û;xîÅú,ïž
    >> ûËÜ6:lengthi17790976e4:name28:Internet Explorer 9
    >> Beta.iso10:name.utf-828:Internet Explorer 9 Beta.iso12:piece
    >> lengthi32768e6:borkborkbork10860:QˆCIŽa1Rý{ÛŠ£ÿ
    >> OÖBK4„ýG‹å]îÞôò÷†ˆ'r ŠÃX"ÙIm€Ì„Ãt[

    > haha you hsowed him

    Completely unusable as some usenet servers strip bit 7. That's why
    there's mime in the first place.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Apr 15, 2010
  17. Miriam Hope

    G. Morgan Guest

    Miriam Hope <> wrote:

    >hi all, i signed up for this usenet group in order to download a torrent
    >for roxio easy vhs to dvd, i have never used a newsreader before so i am
    >lost; how do i find the torrent in order to download this software using
    >the usenet system? thanks and pardon my ignorance...

    Since you never got a decent answer, here you go:

    Bit Torrents are not the same protocol as Usenet. Two *way* different animals.
    Read about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent

    You need a torrent client, and a torrent search engine. Also, I HIGHLY
    recommend you use Peerblock in combination with uTorrent. It will block
    requests from known enemies of file-sharing. (recording labels, motion picture
    companies, and even governments)

    http://www.peerblock.com/

    I recommend UTorrent for the client:
    http://www.utorrent.com/

    and good search engines are:

    http://btjunkie.org/
    http://isohunt.com
    http://thepiratebay.org

    Be sure to sort by "seeders" when you find what you want. You want to d'l the
    torrent with the most seeders (generally). Also, read the comments before
    downloading. There are many "fakes", and bad copies out there, and the comments
    will help you decide if you want it.

    PS: Some guy that goes by "Richard" will tell you torrents give the world
    access to your whole hard drive. That is FAR from true. You only upload files
    that you are downloading (or seeding). Bit torrent protocol is a very safe way
    of sharing files, so much so that legitimate software companies use it to
    distribute their products (Linux distros for example).

    DON'T USE EMULE, Limewire, Bearshare, Edonkey, or whatever else the noobs are
    using. They *will* specify a directory of your choice that *all* in that
    directory will be accessible. Plus, you'll get more malware with those types of
    programs.

    G. Morgan, Apr 17, 2010
  18. Miriam Hope

    thanatoid Guest

    Miriam Hope <> wrote in

    > hi all, i signed up for this usenet group in order to
    > download a torrent for roxio easy vhs to dvd, i have never
    > used a newsreader before so i am lost; how do i find the
    > torrent in order to download this software using the usenet
    > system? thanks and pardon my ignorance...

    You need to go to Wikipedia and read what the Usenet and
    torrents and p2p networks are.

    You will not find any torrents on the Usenet, sorry... Different
    protocol/animal ENTIRELY.

    Torrents are less than 10 years old, Usenet has been around for
    about 40 years depending on how much you wanna haggle about what
    constitutes "the beginning".

    But a lot of stuff that would take you a few days to DL as a
    torrent you MAY find on the Usenet and DL VERY quickly. It's
    just a matter of how much you're willing to pay for a premium
    Usenet provider.

    I think p2p, eMule etc. may be a little too advanced for you at
    this point, and unnecessary.

    But I guess it depends on what kind of stuff you're looking for.

    I tried eMule since a torrent DL was gonna take me like 2 weeks
    (a /very/ obscure European art film) and it was just too much -
    and I'm not new to computers! I couldn't get ANYWHERE with it -
    but I'm not getting any younger OR smarter, either.

    The "VHS to DVD" program you're looking for can probably be
    found in Usenet warez groups - but it won't be a torrent, see
    first sentence.

    Do a search for "warez" and a bunch of groups will show up.
    Those contain cracked, retail, or otherwise illegal (serial no's
    etc.) versions posted by people who enjoy sticking it to the
    man. A /few/ (and I mean like one in a 100) will contain a virus
    or a Trojan, so check everything with a good AV program before
    doing ANYTHING.

    To VERY easily find stuff on the Usenet, http://binsearch.info.
    Have the site make you an NZB file (Wikipedia...) and use GrabIt
    to grab the stuff using the nzb file instead of going through
    hundreds of thousands of headers to find what you want.

    You might also not want to use your real name when stating that
    you are looking for illegal software to download, not to mention
    the spam factor. As you can see, most people here have made-up
    names and email addresses that are obviously invented.

    This post and all the replies to it have already been stolen by
    a bunch of so-called "WWW tech help forums", FWIW. Plus, once on
    the Usenet, forever on the Usenet, pretty much.

    thanatoid, Apr 18, 2010