    lapse photography part. I just need good software to put it all
    together.

    Thanks

    Randall, Apr 16, 2007

  2. Randall

    Matt Ion Guest

    Randall wrote:
    > Hello all.
    >
    > I was interested in trying to do some time lapse photography, probably
    > something like the sun rising or setting.
    >
    > Does anyone know of good software to make the individual JPG's (or
    > even RAW) into an MPG, AVI, or MOV?
    >
    > I currently use Windows XP and already have a DSLR to do the time
    > lapse photography part. I just need good software to put it all
    > together.

    Windows Movie Maker, bundled with SP2.

    Matt Ion, Apr 16, 2007

  3. Randall

    Bhogi Guest

    Randall wrote:
    > Hello all.
    >
    > I was interested in trying to do some time lapse photography, probably
    > something like the sun rising or setting.
    >
    > Does anyone know of good software to make the individual JPG's (or
    > even RAW) into an MPG, AVI, or MOV?
    >
    > I currently use Windows XP and already have a DSLR to do the time
    > lapse photography part. I just need good software to put it all
    > together.
    >
    > Thanks

    Two years ago I used VirtualDub, it lets you choose from a variety of
    codecs, easy to use, but opened only bmp or tga. So some scripting in
    PS has to be done and I also had to write an app to rename the files
    after they went from 9999 to 0000 again.
    I made a few nice cloud movies and then decided it's not worth
    destroying the shutter/mirror (canon 20d with a remote timer switch)
    after just a few days of shooting.

    Bhogi, Apr 16, 2007
  4. Derek Fountain, Apr 16, 2007
  5. Randall wrote:
    > Hello all.
    >
    > I was interested in trying to do some time lapse photography, probably
    > something like the sun rising or setting.
    >
    > Does anyone know of good software to make the individual JPG's (or
    > even RAW) into an MPG, AVI, or MOV?
    >
    > I currently use Windows XP and already have a DSLR to do the time
    > lapse photography part. I just need good software to put it all
    > together.

    Photoshop CS3 Extended.

    --
    John McWilliams