    Hello everyone I am looking for some information on the different books out there on A+ Certification. I am looking to find a book (maybe two who knows) that will help me prepare for this test. I do not just want one that will feed me the answers to the test but maybe one that would make a good reference for the future. I am not clueless when it comes to computers..though I am weak when it comes to networking since I have not had much experience with building or working with a network. Just the basic network of hooking the PC to the router, and the router to the cable modem and that type thing.
    I will be grateful for any help given.

    Matt
    Matt, Nov 9, 2003

  2. Matt

    hootnholler Guest

    Hey Matt,

    Most in here have seen or heard of Mike Meyer's A+ book. I've read it, never took the test, but I found it to be very useful for me. Since I'm kind of like you, some experience, just need someone to fine tune that knowledge. Plus, the book gave some great references to what it was, what it is, and what it could possibly be. Another that I have heard referenced a lot is the Sybex series, and I'm using the 'Course Technology' series for my networking classes. I like 'em, and I'm sure they have an A+ book, also.

    As for the networking part, don't sweat it on the A+. Just some basic terms about networking, topologies and protocols. I'm sure that these are included to cover most NICs, so you have a clue to what you are looking at when the time comes to change one ;-).

    As for networking, I would suggest getting the i-Net+ first, then go for your Network+ cert. I'm taking both at the same time right now (ya, I know, glutton for punishment...) but the i-Net is great for describing how things work on the Internet, whereas Network+ is more for a local area network in a business, and how that connects to the internet.

    Hope this helps ya out, Matt.

    Hoot

    hootnholler, Nov 11, 2003

  3. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Thanks, I will keep this in mind when I move on to the Networking Cert's. I feel you when you talk about doing both of those test at the same time. I am currently working on my BS degree, and working and now will be studying for my Certs. Well who needs sleep anyways? =}

    Matt, Nov 12, 2003