    have and how much you'd like for it. I'd prefer Wellington region so I
    can come and get them, but if not, thats cool too.

    Cheers,
    Gavin Picknell, Dec 16, 2003

  2. Gavin Picknell

    Loupole Guest

    Good Luck !!!

    Loupole, Dec 17, 2003

  3. >"Gavin Picknell" <> wrote in message
    >> I recently rescued my Apple IIgs from storage and am tempted revive it
    >> to its former glory. Anyway, to make a long story short, I'm looking
    >> for some expansion cards (which I once had, but seem to have lost in
    >> my travels), specifically...
    >>
    >> Apple SCSI Controller Card for Apple II (I'd actually be interested in
    >> any of the IDE type controllers as well, but have never used them on
    >> the II)
    >> Accelerator Card for Apple IIgs (any brand)
    >> Memory Expansion Card (I have the standard apple 1MB card) for IIgs
    >> (any brand)
    >> And/Or any other interesting bit of hardware for IIe/IIgs (I also have
    >> a IIe somewhere which is actually my favorite II, but am focusing on
    >> the GS at the mo)
    >>
    >> Anyway, If you have any of these (or related) things and want to get
    >> rid of them for a few bucks, drop me a line and let me know what you
    >> have and how much you'd like for it. I'd prefer Wellington region so I
    >> can come and get them, but if not, thats cool too.

    I'll have a look ... might have some of those bits ... but admit .. I
    can't remember. :)

    Bruce

    Bruce Sinclair, Dec 17, 2003
  4. Gavin Picknell

    John Guest

    On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:59:01 +1300, "Loupole" <>
    Trash Palace, Porirua had a few ...
    John, Dec 18, 2003
  5. In <> Gavin Picknell
    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I recently rescued my Apple IIgs from storage and am tempted revive it
    > to its former glory. Anyway, to make a long story short, I'm looking
    > for some expansion cards (which I once had, but seem to have lost in
    > my travels), specifically...
    >
    > Apple SCSI Controller Card for Apple II (I'd actually be interested in
    > any of the IDE type controllers as well, but have never used them on
    > the II)
    > Accelerator Card for Apple IIgs (any brand)
    > Memory Expansion Card (I have the standard apple 1MB card) for IIgs
    > (any brand)
    > And/Or any other interesting bit of hardware for IIe/IIgs (I also have
    > a IIe somewhere which is actually my favorite II, but am focusing on
    > the GS at the mo)
    >
    > Anyway, If you have any of these (or related) things and want to get
    > rid of them for a few bucks, drop me a line and let me know what you
    > have and how much you'd like for it. I'd prefer Wellington region so I
    > can come and get them, but if not, thats cool too.
    >
    > Cheers,

    Good luck finding SCSI or accelerator cards for a few dollars! No one
    has made any for almost 10 years, but the demand for them from
    collectors and those few people who still use an Apple IIgs is still
    there. As a result the prices for them are fairly close to what they
    were 10 years ago when they were still being made.

    (I do have an Apple II High-Speed SCSI Card in my IIgs, bought new circa
    1992, which is hooked up to a 170MB hard drive and a CD-ROM drive, but
    alas no accelerator)

    PS/2 Mouse Adapter for vintage Apple II or Mac
    order at http://vintageware.orcon.net.nz
    Roger Johnstone, Dec 18, 2003
  6. Gavin Picknell

    pete Guest

    > Hi,
    >
    > I recently rescued my Apple IIgs from storage and am tempted revive it
    > to its former glory. Anyway, to make a long story short, I'm looking
    > for some expansion cards (which I once had, but seem to have lost in
    > my travels), specifically...
    >
    > Apple SCSI Controller Card for Apple II (I'd actually be interested in
    > any of the IDE type controllers as well, but have never used them on
    > the II)

    I had a SCSI card where the external port was DB25 rather than the usual
    Centronics
    and the port was labelled "Apple SCSI". The card itself was a Future Domain
    (became Adaptec)
    ISA . The internal port was a regular 50 pin. Did the Apple II use something
    different?
    pete, Dec 18, 2003
  7. John <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:59:01 +1300, "Loupole" <>
    > wrote:
    > Trash Palace, Porirua had a few ...

    Thanks I'll take drive and have a look.
    Gavin Picknell, Dec 18, 2003
  8. Roger Johnstone <> wrote in message

    > Good luck finding SCSI or accelerator cards for a few dollars! No one
    > has made any for almost 10 years, but the demand for them from
    > collectors and those few people who still use an Apple IIgs is still
    > there. As a result the prices for them are fairly close to what they
    > were 10 years ago when they were still being made.
    >
    > (I do have an Apple II High-Speed SCSI Card in my IIgs, bought new circa
    > 1992, which is hooked up to a 170MB hard drive and a CD-ROM drive, but
    > alas no accelerator)

    Thanks for the info - makes me wish I hadn't thrown/given away a lot
    of my bits and pieces :) Anyway, I guess I'd describe myself as a guy
    who's come across some old stuff he used to use back in the day and
    thought it would be a bit of fun to get it going again for a laugh,
    not as a collector as such (although I still do have a bit of old
    stuff - its all stuff I originally had, not stuff I have "collected"
    recently). I dont think its likely I'll pay hundreds for that stuff I
    mentioned, I think its more likely I'll forget about using the
    original hardware and get an emulator (but the original hardware is
    way more fun and if it comes to it, I probably cant be bothered doing
    it on an emulator :) ).

    Cheers,
    Gavin Picknell, Dec 18, 2003
  9. "pete" <> wrote in message news:<H9eEb.13569$>...

    > I had a SCSI card where the external port was DB25 rather than the usual
    > Centronics
    > and the port was labelled "Apple SCSI". The card itself was a Future Domain
    > (became Adaptec)
    > ISA . The internal port was a regular 50 pin. Did the Apple II use something
    > different?

    Hmm, yeah the Apple II had its own (incompatible with PC ISA) bus for
    connecting internal peripherals, although the slot does look quite
    similar (to ISA). I'm not sure what the card you had would be, I
    thought the Apple cards had apple printed on the PCB (its been a while
    so I cant really remember), but its odd yours had a "Apple SCSI" label
    on the port if it were for a PC, it may have been for an Apple II...

    Cheers,
    Gavin Picknell, Dec 18, 2003
  10. z (Bruce Sinclair) wrote in message news:<m34Eb.13449$>...

    > I'll have a look ... might have some of those bits ... but admit .. I
    > can't remember. :)

    Cool, if you do come across them, keep me in mind :)

    Cheers,
    Gavin Picknell, Dec 18, 2003
  11. In <> Gavin Picknell
    wrote:
    > "pete" <> wrote in message news:<H9eEb.13569$ws.
    >
    >> I had a SCSI card where the external port was DB25 rather than the
    >> usual Centronics and the port was labelled "Apple SCSI". The card
    >> itself was a Future Domain (became Adaptec) ISA . The internal port
    >> was a regular 50 pin. Did the Apple II use something different?

    > Hmm, yeah the Apple II had its own (incompatible with PC ISA) bus for
    > connecting internal peripherals, although the slot does look quite
    > similar (to ISA). I'm not sure what the card you had would be, I
    > thought the Apple cards had apple printed on the PCB (its been a while
    > so I cant really remember), but its odd yours had a "Apple SCSI" label
    > on the port if it were for a PC, it may have been for an Apple II...
    >
    > Cheers,

    Possibly it meant the connector was the "Apple SCSI" standard? The DB-25
    connector was never part of the SCSI standard, but Apple used it on the
    Mac and Apple II. Since Apple was the largest manufacturer of SCSI-
    equipped computers it became a de facto standard, especially for
    anywhere where there wasn't room for a full-size connector e.g. Iomega
    use it on their Zip drives.

    Apple II - FutureCop:LAPD - iMac Game Wizard
    http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~rojaws/

    Eddie: Not sprouts! I hate sprouts :-( Richie: Oh will you stop
    whinging Eddie, nobody likes sprouts.
    Eddie: Then why are we having
    them then?
    Richie: Because it's Christmas!

    "Bottom" by Adrian Edmonson and Rik Mayall
    Roger Johnstone, Dec 19, 2003
  12. Gavin Picknell

    Bruce Hoult Guest

    In article <>,
    (Gavin Picknell) wrote:

    > Hmm, yeah the Apple II had its own (incompatible with PC ISA) bus for
    > connecting internal peripherals, although the slot does look quite
    > similar (to ISA).

    Since the Apple ][ predated the IBM PC by five years, which was
    incompatable with which?

    -- Bruce
    Bruce Hoult, Dec 23, 2003
  13. In article <>,
    Bruce Hoult <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > (Gavin Picknell) wrote:
    >
    >> Hmm, yeah the Apple II had its own (incompatible with PC ISA) bus for
    >> connecting internal peripherals, although the slot does look quite
    >> similar (to ISA).

    >Since the Apple ][ predated the IBM PC by five years, which was
    >incompatable with which?

    Oh no, looks like we missed one in the mass reprogramming...
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Dec 23, 2003