    lights) to a video file.
    TIA.

    , Aug 22, 2007

  2. Keme Guest

    Re: Looking for software that generates visuals from sound whichI can then save as a video file. Any idea's appreciated. TIA

    skrev:
    > Hi all.
    > Apologies if this is the wrong group.
    > I'm looking for some software that will take the output of my sound
    > card as a source and then generate random images based on the pulses
    > of the music which I can then save as a AVI, MPEG, WMV etc. A good
    > example of what I mean would be the old "light to sound" disco boxes
    > only I would be able to save the output (in this case the flashing
    > lights) to a video file.
    > TIA.

    Windows media player can generate moving patterns influenced by sound
    patterns. I'm sure there must be other audio players with this feature.

    Software for "screen video capture" should be able to record those
    patterns. "Camtasia" is one I've heard good things about. Never tried
    myself, though.

    Keme, Aug 25, 2007

  3. Guest

    On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 18:33:00 +0200, Keme <>
    wrote:

    > skrev:
    >> Hi all.
    >> Apologies if this is the wrong group.
    >> I'm looking for some software that will take the output of my sound
    >> card as a source and then generate random images based on the pulses
    >> of the music which I can then save as a AVI, MPEG, WMV etc. A good
    >> example of what I mean would be the old "light to sound" disco boxes
    >> only I would be able to save the output (in this case the flashing
    >> lights) to a video file.
    >> TIA.
    >>

    >Windows media player can generate moving patterns influenced by sound
    >patterns. I'm sure there must be other audio players with this feature.
    >
    >Software for "screen video capture" should be able to record those
    >patterns. "Camtasia" is one I've heard good things about. Never tried
    >myself, though.

    Although yourself and the previous poster are right about Windows
    Media Player and virtually all other media players generating the
    visuals from sound, none of them seem to allow the process to be saved
    as a video file which I can then edit in a video editor. All the
    screen capture programs I have tried are not sensitive enough. It
    seems no matter the power of the machine Camtasia and progs like it
    are great for recording unsubtle mouse movements but cannot manage
    waves, explosions, colour fades etc without being jerky which makes
    lining up the video with the soundtrack impossible.
    Thanks for your suggestions.

    , Aug 27, 2007
  4. Arny Krueger Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > Although yourself and the previous poster are right about
    > Windows Media Player and virtually all other media
    > players generating the visuals from sound, none of them
    > seem to allow the process to be saved as a video file
    > which I can then edit in a video editor. All the screen
    > capture programs I have tried are not sensitive enough.
    > It seems no matter the power of the machine Camtasia and
    > progs like it are great for recording unsubtle mouse
    > movements but cannot manage waves, explosions, colour
    > fades etc without being jerky which makes lining up the
    > video with the soundtrack impossible.

    Agreed that it seems to take a ton of processing power to make these high
    res video capture programs run even sluggishly. I've done some work with
    4.6 GHZ dual core Athlon 64 systems with 2-4 GB of RAM, on-board and plug-in
    video interfaces, and not found total happiness.

    One approach might be to use a video card or other device that converts the
    artistic rendering on the screen to a TV video format signal. Many video
    cards provide video output jacks. Then capturd the video signal with an
    external video capture device such as a stand-alone DVD recorder or other
    kind of digital video recorder. It is now possible to set up cost-effective
    a system like this that is based on Component Video, which does a pretty
    good job with DVD format video (720 x 480).

    Arny Krueger, Aug 27, 2007
  5. Dobbin Guest

    Try these:-
    G-force - www.soundspectrum.com. 2D, pretty easy on the processor
    and
    R4 - http://www.rabidhamster.org/R4/main.php 3D, my favourite visualiser -
    proper 3D, you can add your own pics, scripts etc and is the only one I've
    found that actually moves convincingly to the music.
    pretty sure both allow o/p to be recorded

    Dobbin, Aug 28, 2007