    Peter

    Teach others what you know about Windows Programs in Seconds with
    http://www.etchpad.com/
    Peter, Dec 28, 2003

  2. Peter

    T.N.O. Guest

    T.N.O. wrote:
    >> I am looking to buy a very small computer case. Any pointers please

    > How small is your motherboard?
    > mATX? or smaller?

    Or I could fix the time on my machine, and post it properly...
    T.N.O., Dec 28, 2003

  3. Peter

    Peter Guest

    I wish to build my next computer from scrach. I have decided to get it right
    first time. And make it s small factor shoe box size one. I odnt know too
    much aobout such computers and cases and am just learning now.

    --

    EMAIL to me please put 123 somewhere in subject to get through my Spam
    Filter Setting...

    Cheers

    Peter, Dec 28, 2003
  4. Peter

    harry Guest

    Peter wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I am looking to buy a very small computer case. Any pointers please

    What motherboard ?
    pp.co.nz have a few micro ATX cases under their own heading
    The smallest cases are for Via mini-ITX motherboards
    ascent.co.nz have the Procase CS-100 CS-3677 CS-3688
    Aopen do the H340 range
    There are the Shuttle XPC small form factor barebones kits,and the Gigabyte
    FB series, and the FIC Falcon FA-CR51 and the Via Sereniti cases for ITX
    harry, Dec 28, 2003
  5. Peter

    Peter Guest

    IM not too sure whmother board. AMD or P4. Im totally open. Faster is always
    better.

    Peter, Dec 28, 2003
  6. Peter

    harry Guest

    Peter wrote:
    > IM not too sure whmother board. AMD or P4. Im totally open. Faster is
    > always better.

    Sounds like the Shuttle range would be the easiest for you
    http://www.shuttle.com/hq/
    They are quite widely distributed through the usual outlets.
    DSE have them, Paradigm, Ascent etc
    harry, Dec 28, 2003
  7. Hi there,

    Peter wrote:
    > I wish to build my next computer from scrach. I have decided to get it right
    > first time. And make it s small factor shoe box size one. I odnt know too
    > much aobout such computers and cases and am just learning now.

    The options as I see them are...MicroATX, trioptix, or special mobos
    that you see in Shuttle PC's, VIA EPIA C3 boards...

    The key points as I see them are...

    MicroATX:
    Pluses- More upgradeable, powerful, compatible.
    Minus - Bigger than you need?

    trioptix:
    Pluses- Small mobo, expandable (up to a point)
    Minus - Less powerful, usually no AGP and few PCI slots...

    VIA EPIA C3:
    Pluses- Tiny little things, all-in-one solution.
    Minus - Not expandable, CPU is slow, what you get is what you're stuck
    with.

    I haven't seen enough of the boards in Shuttle PC's, but you can get
    a P4 2.4GHz and AGP card in one apparently. That would make it a wee
    beastie to respect...

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Jan 3, 2004