Looking for PC Temperature monitoring software

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Daniel, Sep 14, 2004.

  1. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    My system has the ability to see the hardware temp in BIOS. Anyone know of
    any good software for monitoring this with XP Pro (yes,
    PRO-licensed-registered, NOT corp.)? Also what about for 98SE? Motherboard
    in XP is ASUS (A7V8X), not completely sure on the 98 system (will have to
    check).

    With the recent weather it gets somewhat hot in that room & though it's
    tolerable for me, I'm assuming that its OK for the PC too. I'd just like to
    be able to monitor & see just how OK it is (& know when its getting too
    hot).

    What is considered too hot? I've heard for the board that its OK up to
    about 120+F & CPU (AMD AthlonXP2200) is OK up to about 180+F.

    There are 10 types of people in this world...
    ....those who understand binary & those who don't.

    Daniel, Sep 14, 2004

  2. Daniel

    philo Guest

    Daniel wrote:
    > My system has the ability to see the hardware temp in BIOS. Anyone know of
    > any good software for monitoring this with XP Pro (yes,
    > PRO-licensed-registered, NOT corp.)? Also what about for 98SE? Motherboard
    > in XP is ASUS (A7V8X), not completely sure on the 98 system (will have to
    > check).
    >
    > With the recent weather it gets somewhat hot in that room & though it's
    > tolerable for me, I'm assuming that its OK for the PC too. I'd just like to
    > be able to monitor & see just how OK it is (& know when its getting too
    > hot).
    >
    > What is considered too hot? I've heard for the board that its OK up to
    > about 120+F & CPU (AMD AthlonXP2200) is OK up to about 180+F.

    i believe your motherboard cd should have a monitoring utility on it

    otherwise you may google for speed fan...it works with many systems

    philo, Sep 14, 2004

  3. Daniel

    °Mike° Guest

    SpeedFan
    http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

    MBM (MotherBoard Monitor)
    http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

    On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 12:38:25 -0500, in
    <>
    Daniel scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 14, 2004
  4. Daniel wrote:
    > My system has the ability to see the hardware temp in BIOS. Anyone know of
    > any good software for monitoring this with XP Pro (yes,
    > PRO-licensed-registered, NOT corp.)? Also what about for 98SE? Motherboard
    > in XP is ASUS (A7V8X), not completely sure on the 98 system (will have to
    > check).

    MotherboardMonitor - MBM

    Google for it. Freeware.

    http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/20030217/images/cpu_chart.gif

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Go Blue

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 14, 2004
  5. Daniel

    Mikish Guest

    I like "Motherboard Monitor". It is no longer being actively developed, but
    has a wide following and works very well. More info and a link to download
    can be found here: <http://mbm.livewiredev.com/>

    Regards,

    --
    Mikish

    "Daniel" <daniel_h_wATyyahooDOTccom> impressed us all with the following
    remark:

    Mikish, Sep 14, 2004
  6. Daniel

    Unk Guest

    On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 12:38:25 -0500, "Daniel" <daniel_h_wATyyahooDOTccom>
    wrote:

    >My system has the ability to see the hardware temp in BIOS. Anyone know of
    >any good software for monitoring this with XP Pro (yes,
    >PRO-licensed-registered, NOT corp.)? Also what about for 98SE? Motherboard
    >in XP is ASUS (A7V8X), not completely sure on the 98 system (will have to
    >check).
    >
    >With the recent weather it gets somewhat hot in that room & though it's
    >tolerable for me, I'm assuming that its OK for the PC too. I'd just like to
    >be able to monitor & see just how OK it is (& know when its getting too
    >hot).
    >
    >What is considered too hot? I've heard for the board that its OK up to
    >about 120+F & CPU (AMD AthlonXP2200) is OK up to about 180+F.

    What I use is an inexpensive indoor/outdoor digital thermometer from Radio
    Shack and attach the outdoor probe in the fins of the CPU heatsink. Works
    great, shows the temperature all the time, and doesn't hog any resources.
    http://tinyurl.com/jvam

    Unk, Sep 15, 2004